New enclosure

Greenfingers

Location (City and/or State)
Halifax, West Yorkshire. UK.
I decided it overdue, for Tortilla to graduate to a larger indoor enclosure. We’re based Northern England (UK) and it’s too cold for her to be outdoors full time. She’s 3yo now and way too big for her hatchling 3’x2’ table. I sourced some pallet wood and thought about the design that best suited her needs before starting to build. She has an Arcadia UV strip, 100w basking light and CHE to maintain low night time heat if needed. I hope you like the design, it’s on 200kg castor wheels so can be moved around easily despite the weight of the substrate and table itself. I’ve used organic top soil mixed with co-coir for substrate as I find this helps maintain humidity. I’ve lined the base with pond liner. I’m sure the plant locations/hides will change, I’ve literally just put her in today after she’s come in from the garden but I’d really appreciate any constructive feedback. I know it’s not the 8’x4’ ideal minimum, it’s 6’x3’, the largest my lounge could accommodate. She’ll continue to go to the garden daily as our Yorkshire weather permits.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 10