New Enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Anderson, IN
We finally got around to getting something bigger for our little guy :) So far he's spent the entire evening walking around exploring things and moving stuff around. All the basics are finished, now we just have to get something up to hang the lights from so they're not clipped to the sides. That will probably be done later this week.

f34xv9.jpg

I'm pretty proud of this one. Especially since my little guy seems to love it so much.

Also...His hide (which is all the way at the far end in the picture) is covered in dirt so he can walk up there. But no matter now I pile the dirt up he seems to like to jump off of top of it. He never flips over or hurts himself but I worry that he's going to one day. No matter how I move it or pile things up around it he still jumps off of the top. Is that normal? Or maybe he just likes to jump? Any suggestions on how I could get him to stop?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
hehehe

He wants to be a Para-Trooper! The 101st AirBorn is looking for a few good Torts!

JonahQKline

5 Year Member
He Is Probably Looking For Something New To Do!!! Lol, maybe you could put a pillow under it ^__^ Just Kidding. Absolutely love the enclosure though, did you cut those bins, or find a gigantic one? I'm curious how you did the cutting and got them together. (Of you did)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
It is pretty hard to stop a tort from doing something he wants. That is a GREAT tortoise enclosure.
You may rig something up for your lights, but you have seen these, right?
http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?EntryID=83&DatabaseID=2&SearchID=20 (the metal base slips nicely under your enclosure. For the Non MVB bulbs, if I clamp them, I place a 'C' clamp through the light clamp for extra security.
You should be proud!

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
If it was boredom, I think the problem might be cured (at least for now). He's made a little game of pushing rocks around now. The bin is a christmas tree tote that we found on sale for $15. I just couldn't say no to that price.

lynnedit said:
It is pretty hard to stop a tort from doing something he wants. That is a GREAT tortoise enclosure.
You may rig something up for your lights, but you have seen these, right?
http://www.zoomed.com/db/products/EntryDetail.php?EntryID=83&DatabaseID=2&SearchID=20 (the metal base slips nicely under your enclosure. For the Non MVB bulbs, if I clamp them, I place a 'C' clamp through the light clamp for extra security.
You should be proud!

Thank you :) I was looking into those too. I'm probably going to end up getting a couple of those because they will fit nicely behind the enclosure. We have it sitting on top of a cedar chest and with as long as it is I'm not sure I could build something over it to hand the lights from, but the stands would work perfect.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Very nice enclosure. I can't believe you paid $15. I think I paid 29 for mine. I have a few and love them for outside in the Summer for the smaller torts.

DreadHeadMomma

5 Year Member
Anderson, IN
terryo said:
Very nice enclosure. I can't believe you paid $15. I think I paid 29 for mine. I have a few and love them for outside in the Summer for the smaller torts.

I couldn't believe they were that cheap either. I hadn't seen one under $25 so I just had to get it while it was still on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.