New guy

Location (City and/or State)
Wilkes Barre PA
Same here. My son begged me to keep him. And even in a 150 gal tank he would destroy it. He just wanted out. So I felt terrible. So I told my son if he let him go back to where he was found on the way home we would get a baby RES . so that's how Betty came to be. But I felt like you did

Wilkes Barre PA
If your talking about the wood that's the back side of the enclosure. I built her a 6 for long by 3 foot wide enclosure box. For the bedding I have used the last of my small pet bedding I had for her. I have to get a more suitable bedding I know. I am stopping g at the let store on the way home from work tomorrow for a new substrate

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
If your talking about the wood that's the back side of the enclosure. I built her a 6 for long by 3 foot wide enclosure box. For the bedding I have used the last of my small pet bedding I had for her. I have to get a more suitable bedding I know. I am stopping g at the let store on the way home from work tomorrow for a new substrate
ok cool just remember they need a little moisture in the substrate not soaking wet.

Wilkes Barre PA
Oh ok. Yea. That's new news to me. I did quite a bit of reserch on her. And that's another question... There are so many people saying this and saying that about sutible beddings. Some say then and there's 100 people who disagree and so on and so forth. With the substrate I have would it be ok for me to use a spray bottle to mist the substrate?

russian/sulcata/tortoise

5 Year Member
Northern California, bay area
Oh ok. Yea. That's new news to me. I did quite a bit of reserch on her. And that's another question... There are so many people saying this and saying that about sutible beddings. Some say then and there's 100 people who disagree and so on and so forth. With the substrate I have would it be ok for me to use a spray bottle to mist the substrate?
it depends on the substrate it might get moldy. my torts live outside on dirt every night i just spray it down so all the plants get water.