New Here

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
That's nice. I love the light stand! (That is a light stand, right?)

TortoiseLover222

lives in Qatar
hey everyone i have a question i heard cuddle fish bones are a good source of calcium but do i cut it and shave the hard parts off or just give it to him how it is???
thanks-TortoiseLover222

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
hey everyone i have a question i heard cuddle fish bones are a good source of calcium but do i cut it and shave the hard parts off or just give it to him how it is???
thanks-TortoiseLover222
They are Cuttlefish bones (with T in the middle not D) :)

Just throw it in and your tort can chew on it to keep his beak in shape.

Some love them, some completely ignore them. If your tort never takes an interest - give it a few weeks - then you will need to grind it into fine powder (or buy calcium powder,) and sprinkle a tiny pinch sparsely on food 3 times a week

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
They are Cuttlefish bones (with T in the middle not D) :)

Just throw it in and your tort can chew on it to keep his beak in shape.

Some love them, some completely ignore them. If your tort never takes an interest - give it a few weeks - then you will need to grind it into fine powder (or buy calcium powder,) and sprinkle a tiny pinch sparsely on food 3 times a week
Cuttlebone is the correct term, though cuttlefish bone is acceptable, both of which annoy me as the cuttlefish isn't a fish and, being an invertebrate, doesn't have any bones. ;).

TortoiseLover222

lives in Qatar
HELP! Hey guys so I noticed a LOT of ants in my tortoises enclosure crawling all over his food I’m scared they might harm him or he might accidentally eat one does anybody have any home remedies that could get the ants AWAY???