New Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlsulcata

5 Year Member
Hello all!!
my name is Misti, I live on the coast of Texas, and i am the proud owner of a 13 day old Sulcata :tort:, named Anheuser.
I never thought about a tortoise as a pet, but i couldn't help it when i started to see him pip and then hatch! I fell in love!
Like most new owners im still learning whats what with Anheuser, not to mention getting used to his attitude :D:p but i am enjoying every minute of it!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
How neat that must have been to get to see him pip and hatch, how did you manage that? Welcome to TFO and to tortoises.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Misti:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

I'm anxious to see pictures of your little Busch baby (in the appropriate forum, of course!!)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and WELCOME :D take some time and read the threads at the bottom of my post. They are filled with great info for raising a healthy, happy, smooth sulcata.

mlsulcata

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Hello and WELCOME :D take some time and read the threads at the bottom of my post. They are filled with great info for raising a healthy, happy, smooth sulcata.

thank you! i have actually read all of these, before i became a member! this has been the best site/forum i have found and i love the friendly, personal knowledge based info!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Don't want t hit you with too much too soon, but the first few weeks are absolutely CRITICAL. Your baby needs warm temps day and night, a humid hide, a good substrate, and daily soaks.

There is a bunch of info in my signature, some of the same stuff that Barb recommended.

mlsulcata

5 Year Member
Tom said:
Hello and welcome.

Don't want t hit you with too much too soon, but the first few weeks are absolutely CRITICAL. Your baby needs warm temps day and night, a humid hide, a good substrate, and daily soaks.

There is a bunch of info in my signature, some of the same stuff that Barb recommended.
he gets 3 soaks a day lots of heat and humidity! water in his tank that's changed almost as often as he get in it and i had PM'd you about him eating the substrate..i mixed it with coconut fiber and hes much happier with it. i did add a couple of small cuttle bone pieces to his food bowl and tried to get him to eat more then just grass but he refuses any hibiscus, dandelion, or clover! he will literally spit it out and eat around it! but i keep putting it in there with the grass/weeds that he will eat...

Status
Not open for further replies.