new here....

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodger541

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
hello everyone, i recently got a three toed texas turtle with my girlfriend. we are quite excited about her....but one thing that we cant get a solid answer about is if they require a full spectrum light at al times of the day or just with the heat lamp or what? well maybe someone can help we with that.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi dodger541:

Welcome to the Forum!!

What would you like us to call you? and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Box turtles are among my very favorites. They can be so darned people friendly.

In my opinion, if the turtles get some outside time, they don't need a UVB light. If they don't get any outside time, then a UV light on during the middle of the day is probably sufficient...like 3 or 4 hours.

pryncesssc

5 Year Member
Chicago IL
emysemys said:
Hi dodger541:

Welcome to the Forum!!

What would you like us to call you? and may we know appx. where in the world you are?

Box turtles are among my very favorites. They can be so darned people friendly.

In my opinion, if the turtles get some outside time, they don't need a UVB light. If they don't get any outside time, then a UV light on during the middle of the day is probably sufficient...like 3 or 4 hours.

U don't use the UVB light for the entire time that the day light is on ?

dodger541

5 Year Member
Oregon
we are from Oregon, we bought a captivity bred Tree Toed and named her Paquita or Paqi for short. my name is tony. since we brought her home, she has only really been active once, but we figured this was because she was enjoying the heat lamp all to herself rather than in the pet store with other turtles. I plan to upload plenty of pictures, i am a photo enthusiast and will be developing some of her soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.