New Here

prncessbleu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Hi all! I'm excited to be here.
This is my first forum ever (recommended to me by an Instagram user) and my membership was motivated by not knowing any other tortoise owners here in Richmond, VA. I have a 2 1/2 year old Sulcata (or African Spur) female named Frankie (I call her "Frankles") that I have had since she was old enough to be sold to me.
She was much much smaller than the palm of my hand when I got her. I didn't even know if she was a boy or girl for a long time because I didn't know anyone to go to, to find out. I recently found a pet store worker who does summer internships at the Washington Zoo in the tortoise department and he's been great! He said back in May 2013 that she was a bit small, but with his help she seems to be growing in leaps and bounds.
Though I do not believe in "power feeding" to force her to grow - as he does with his Russian tortoise. I've had lots of large snake breeds and did not power feed them either. I feel like she has years to make her natural size and we will use them all. :D
Thanks for having me, I look forward to all the tortoise fun! :tort:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi and wonderful to meet you! There are a few folks from your neck of the woods in here. :)

smylemaker

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
Hello,
looking forward to hearing about ur tortoise adventures... I am new to all this tortoise stuff and this is a great place to be (nice people)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi:

Welcome to the Forum!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello ( VA.) and welcome to the TFO from AZ please make your self at home