New Hermann's mummy

sdbmc

Hi everyone,

I've had 4 year old Tutu (named by my 2 yr old!!) the Hermann's for just over a month now and I'm slowly learning how to make the best life for him.

Tutu was given to us by friends who have had and bred tortoises for over 20 years, but I'm slowly realising that they don't really have much of a clue ("oh just give him a couple of lettuce leaves and a tomato each day"!!!).

We live in Liguria in Italy so are essentially in his natural habitat, he has a temporary outdoor enclosure but until today has come inside at night. Last night we put together a rabbit house with ramp for him to sleep in at night so from now on (until winter) he will be staying outside which is where he is most happiest.

My husband keeps our garden well tended to weeds are hard to come by so I am attempting to grow my own weeds and flowers, although not going too well at the moment. In the meantime he is on a diet of mixed salad leaves, endive, watercress, clover, dandelions (when I can find them) with the occasional tomato and cucumber. I have a couple of plants in the garden which I know are good for him (from the tortoise table plant list) but I forget their names now, but he doesnt seem too keen on. He also has some weeds in his enclosure which he can nibble to his heart's content!

I have a few questions but will probably post them to the Hermann's forum.
Thanks for reading.
Stacey

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Stacey, and welcome to the Forum!

747117wei24kafiu.gif

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Stacey welcome to the TFO from AZ , USA . Herrmanns are great !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum