New Home Needed - Scotland UK

Location (City and/or State)
United Kingdom
Hi

I’m not sure if this post is allowed so please forgive me if it isn’t or if I’ve posted in the wrong place.

Due to ill health, I can no longer look after our Sulcata and need a new home for him/her. Please no judgments! Firstly, this was not our tortoise to begin with. We found him/her and decided to provide a suitable home whilst trying to track down the original owners. When all attempts failed we just kept on looking after him/her. I have been in and out of hospital recently and due to health condition that will see my health deteriorate I am trying to find an excellent new home.

Can anyone give any good advice on how to rehome a Sulcata here in Scotland?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
If I were to judge you, I'd say that you are a very responsible person. Attempting to do the right thing. I don't see how anyone would reach a different conclusion.
However. I have no idea how to try to rehome a large tortoise in Scotland.
I only know one Scott, and he doesn't visit this forum anymore.
Do you have a sales media available? Some place to advertise selling a car? Or selling an animal?
Maybe there's a club or a group that advertises about the tortoise hobby locally?
Hopefully someone with some knowledge will contact you soon. And I hope your health cooperates.
Welcome to the forum from South Florida USA

Sarah2020

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
London, UK
Hi and sorry you need to rehome it must be hard. I have a couple of ideas.....

http://www.britishcheloniagroup.org.uk/ they have rehome officers.
Alternatively contact a reputable local reptile shop who may help you out.

Hope you sort something.