New juvie Redfoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Alabama
Here is the juvenile redfoot I recently acquired from jrcrist4. A little pyramiding, but I'm confident I can prevent it from getting worse.

The sulcata's name is Kobe, the first redfoot came to us already named Toby, so the wife decided to continue with the motif/rhyme and call this one...

Moby!
Moby1.jpg

Moby (larger one on left) and Toby (smaller one on right) in their new enclosure
Moby_Toby.jpg

Toby
Toby4.jpg

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I like that with the names. Toby looks really good and I'm sure you will turn Moby around.

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
They both look alert and happy, congratulations! Nice colors too!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Looks awesome. And for a second there I had thought "wow what a huge egg it laid" in the first photo. :)

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
tortadise said:
for a second there I had thought "wow what a huge egg it laid" in the first photo. :)

I know! And you know, the big one tries to eat it every time he walks past it. Figured it'll keep the beak worn down!

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Yeah I find that technique to be very useful and appealing to the enclosure as well. Of course somehow it's a bullseye in my juvie redfoot enclosure for poo. Sometimes I swear torts are wayyyyy smarter than we think they are.

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
He is looking good. If you look at each scute you can see the normal growth in between each one from when he was in my care; and from the looks of your husbandry im sure that good growth will continue. I like his name btw! ;)

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
jrcrist4 said:
He is looking good. If you look at each scute you can see the normal growth in between each one from when he was in my care; and from the looks of your husbandry im sure that good growth will continue. I like his name btw! ;)

Yeah, my OP comment wasn't a knock on your care. You told me his history.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Congrats! I have to say however, Toby would still win the best treats from me, just because of his name. My oldest son is a Toby, too. :cool: :D

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I was a little hesitant putting them together at first, just because Moby was reasonably larger, but since they are still so young and redfoots seem to generally be the exception to the rule of having groups, I gave it shot. I will you that desipte his smaller size, Toby is no push-over! The first few times I've fed them, he immediately plopped his body on top of the entire feeding dish as if hogging it all to himself and making it clear to his new cagemate that he won't be a doormat!

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Haha thats so ironic! I kept Moby with a cherryhead the same size and Moby would in turn get right into the food bowl and try to hog it all. Tortoise irony! :)
StudentoftheReptile said:
I was a little hesitant putting them together at first, just because Moby was reasonably larger, but since they are still so young and redfoots seem to generally be the exception to the rule of having groups, I gave it shot. I will you that desipte his smaller size, Toby is no push-over! The first few times I've fed them, he immediately plopped his body on top of the entire feeding dish as if hogging it all to himself and making it clear to his new cagemate that he won't be a doormat!

Status
Not open for further replies.