Aimee hunter

Location (City and/or State)
Canyon Lake California
I’ve had my tortoise “Leo “ since my very first Valentine’s Day with my husband instead of jewelry I asked for my tortoise something I can enjoy my family for the rest of my life and there’s. And let me say we have enjoyed him for the past few months because he’s gotten big enough to where everybody can associate with them and he just recognizes my voice unfortunately I know you have no ears but I know he knows me. Just in the past couple weeks have an allowed him to run our backyard my husband says I treat him like he’s my first infant I would like to know what I canning cannot do with him. HELP ME LOL

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Welcome to the forum! We would love to see pictures of your tortoise and enclosure :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome. Give all care info you can think of them we can help you tweak what may need changing.

daniellenc

Maryland
Free roaming is a no no but you’re my kind of woman lol. Now second anniversary is a secure outdoor enclosure planted by him!!

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome would love to see some pics. If you let him graze outside keep it supervised. I lost Opo for 3 days. The emotions I went through were not fun.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I’ve had my tortoise “Leo “ since my very first Valentine’s Day with my husband instead of jewelry I asked for my tortoise something I can enjoy my family for the rest of my life and there’s. And let me say we have enjoyed him for the past few months because he’s gotten big enough to where everybody can associate with them and he just recognizes my voice unfortunately I know you have no ears but I know he knows me. Just in the past couple weeks have an allowed him to run our backyard my husband says I treat him like he’s my first infant I would like to know what I canning cannot do with him. HELP ME LOL

As long as your back yard is secure and plenty of hiding places....that is one of the best places for a tortoise ...if the yard is secure so the tort will not take a walk out of it :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Free roaming is a no no but you’re my kind of woman lol. Now second anniversary is a secure outdoor enclosure planted by him!!
Free roaming outside is not a no no. Free roaming in the house is a no no.
The OP said outside. I'm sure it's safe to think they have the yard fenced and/or a separate enclosure for the tort.

daniellenc

Maryland
The OP said outside. I'm sure it's safe to think they have the yard fenced and/or a separate enclosure for the tort.
I hope but never assume just in case!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I hope but never assume just in case!
Except they would have lost it by now if they plopped it in a yard to roam with no fence/barrier or at the very least watching it. But we do want every tort to be able too free roam outside.

Aimee hunter

Canyon Lake California
Omg stupid talk to text I’m sure you can get the jest of what I said sorry about that, but I have had him for going on for years now he would fit in the palm of my hand and I could still see my palm that’s how small he was, now he barely gets out of his door on his Tank. He’s almost the size of my Pomeranian.

Attachments

• 6B718D95-C2DA-47E7-B68A-720AC13474A2.jpeg
    6B718D95-C2DA-47E7-B68A-720AC13474A2.jpeg
    984.9 KB · Views: 7

Aimee hunter

Canyon Lake California
He is never outside to roam free without somebody watching him, ever. We have white owls raccoons I don’t think they come out in the day but turkey vultures. Not to mention all the stuff he tries to pick up and eat off the ground I Used to yell at him and say no Leo till somebody told me they have no ears Aimee

Aimee hunter

Canyon Lake California
I don’t have much but he does love his pool, I do it every morning in the morning sun during summertime. I also did plant sweet potatoes is he allowed to eat the leaves? Also in order to make an enclosure outside how do I go about doing that he picked up everything sand rocks dirt paper I have a bunch of big trees in the backyard that drop leave and the little balls off of it I have no clue what it is or if it’s safe. I want to be a good mom but having Leo is like having another infant not that I’m complaining

Attachments

• 363DF333-88F4-4EDE-80C4-69BED564AB4D.jpeg
    363DF333-88F4-4EDE-80C4-69BED564AB4D.jpeg
    984.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 506AD3EC-5736-4190-BAF7-8676881DE546.jpeg
    506AD3EC-5736-4190-BAF7-8676881DE546.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 7

Aimee hunter

Canyon Lake California
Hello and Welcome. Give all care info you can think of them we can help you tweak what may need changing.
I just Posted something about how and what to do to give him a proper enclosure. As of now the only safe place I will allow him to be outside is in the kid pool, don’t get me wrong he loves it

Aimee hunter

Canyon Lake California
He’s never left alone because yes he can take a walk not to mention there are wild animals that I feel can take him away, also I don’t know what he can eat because he picks up everything like a baby