New member!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
My name is kristin, I do not have a sulcata yet but am planning on getting one in the next month or so. I used to have a red-foot tortoise named "Turtle" who passed away from a vitamin k deficiency. It broke my heart and I haven't had another pet since then. I adored my tortoise and plan on add another one to our family soon. I am doin tons of research first and Doug as much preparing as I can beforehand. Any tips would be great :)

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome...below my signature there are threads on raising sulcatas. Many of us here on the forum use this guideline...

MasterOogway

5 Year Member
mommybeegs said:
My name is kristin, I do not have a sulcata yet but am planning on getting one in the next month or so. I used to have a red-foot tortoise named "Turtle" who passed away from a vitamin k deficiency. It broke my heart and I haven't had another pet since then. I adored my tortoise and plan on add another one to our family soon. I am doin tons of research first and Doug as much preparing as I can beforehand. Any tips would be great :)

Welcome. Did you check out the sulcata section of the group? You can also use the groups search. I am sure someone will be along with some tips for you.

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
Thanks so much everyone!! I decided that a sulcata may be too much for me as a beginner, so I decided on a Russian for now just so I have some experience before I jump in on such a bigger commitment! (Not that my Russian will be any les than a commitment, but I have heard they are good for beginners) thanks everyone for the tips!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! I think going with a Russian (for now) is a very wise choice. Welcome to the forum. :)

SBeanie

5 Year Member
California
Hello and welcome!! I just want to put it out there that Russians are full of personalities as well as great little escape artists :D so plan accordingly :D

mommybeegs

5 Year Member
Will do!!! Thnks so much :) everyone on this site seems so friendly and helpful! I am grateful for all the advice and tips I am getting! You are all wonderful!

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Welcome to TFO! :) you have come to the right place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.