zumsteeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Salt Lake City
Hello,
New member. Recently bought from Gary Bright a hatchling Greek ibera. She is doing well. I will post pics when I can. I am a professional violinist, and years ago had a Utah desert tortoise before it was illegal.
As a kid I used to stare out the car window on trips to CA hoping to find a tortoise crossing the road. Never did but got really car sick in the process. Some day I would love to see a desert tortoise in the wild. I am enjoying being on the forum very much.

Judd Sheranian

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). I hear ya with the car sickness. I used to do the same, but looking for water turtles and box turtles crossing or along side of the road. I seen lots of water but no box:(. But like you the car sickness got me every time and still today:D.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Judd, and welcome to the Forum!

Desert tortoises can get real people oriented, and that makes them rather interesting to have...however, I'm sure your little tortoise from Gary (GBTortoises) is going to give you years of enjoyment also.

AlishaT

5 Year Member
Hello to fellow Utah tortoise lover! I also have a fondness for the dessert tortoise. I contacted the state agency, I'm too tired to remember which one!, and they are need of adoptive homes for the Utah dessert tortoise. If you want anymore info you can pm me. Its really quite interesting. Oh and welcome!

sureshot

5 Year Member
Gary bright is a amazing tortoise breeder just got a marginated from him yesterday it is active happy and a gorgeous specimen

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Judd, and we welcome you. I love Greek torts. You have a special one because it's yours:p Enjoy and learn.

smylemaker

5 Year Member
Massachusetts
reminded me of a kinda weird & crazy thing I do when warmer weather hits here, when I am drive'n around with my kids and if we see turtles crossing roads we rescue ( so they dont get hit ) and put them in a safe zone(usually direction they were heading), but away from road... I think my non turtle luv'n friends think I am weird... LOL I would love to live in a warm climate and love seeing desert torts... think I may have to retire in Arizona (?) welcome to the group

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
zumsteeg said:
As a kid I used to stare out the car window on trips to CA hoping to find a tortoise crossing the road.

Judd Sheranian

:D I do this as an adult any time I am in their area. I did get to see a wild one in Florida. Welcome!