New owner! How does my tort look?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElizaJeann

5 Year Member
Just got this little guy almost a week ago. I'm paranoid about pyramiding. How does he look?

Also, any advice would be much appreciated. Did lots of research and I'm so thankful for this forum! You guys are great!

Attachments

• image-403168576.png
    image-403168576.png
    186.3 KB · Views: 102
  • image-3223991944.png
    image-3223991944.png
    951.8 KB · Views: 102

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Hi and welcome! He looks cute! Have you already gone to the intro section and told us a bit about yourself yet? If not, would you be so kind as to do so? Thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Looks good. Check out the threads at the bottom of my post. Raise him like that or any of the other good ways you find on this sight and you should have any problems.

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
welcome to the forum. plenty of good info in the threads listed above.

teri

NinjaTortoises

5 Year Member
Cali
Welcome, the baby has some pyramiding, so just keep it hot and humid from now on and you shouldnt have a problem :)

ElizaJeann

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I was curious, is there a specific humidity level that it's supposed to be or get to? I've looked for the information and can't seem to find it!

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Maybe a little, but what a sweet guy you got there. Lots of greens, and humidity.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Your little man has the foundation for pyramiding already starting. Looks like he was kept pretty dry to start with. There are all sorts of links in my signature to help you.

ElizaJeann

5 Year Member
So, if I do everything correctly his shell will eventually smooth out, right?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No. The bumps never go away. But as the tortoise gets bigger the bumps appear smaller, and he appears to smooth out.

Linzbragg

5 Year Member
Welcome! As a new tort owner, you've come to the best place to talk to knowledgable, veteran tort owners. They helped me so much. Like someone else said, Tom's threads help a lot. 50-70% humidity is good for little hatchlings. Mist him frequently, give daily soaks in warm water and keep very warm (100 deg). What is your cage like? If you're having trouble keeping it humid, a great fix is to cover the top of your cage, lights and all, with aluminum foil. Keep us posted. Also, make sure you have a bulb that gives off UVB light and not the curly kind; get a linear bulb.

Status
Not open for further replies.