Potential Soft Spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickWag

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Mandeville, LA
Hey everyone!

Maybe I'm just a paranoid new tort parent because my little guy has some pyramiding (got him that way). But, as I was taking him to soak, I noticed a spot underneath him and near the back that seems a little soft.
Is this normal? Possible? Am I losing my mind? LoL Just to the right of my finger.
Thanks!
ImageUploadedByTortForum1371953524.623915.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

EchoTheLeoTort

5 Year Member
United States
mmm I don't really think it would be just a little spot that is soft, but I am not an expert. I think what you're finding may be that since he is a hatchling, the area near your finger and to the right is close to the middle of the plastron. On hatchlings that center growth line is easy to push in. It is not SOFT but hard and flexible, this is mostly all the way down that center line. It's like that because of the egg sac or yolk, whatever its called. it should be a little flexible but the texture should be hard in general. a little easy to push in is OK, but if its soft and squishy you might have a problem. I hope someone else chimes in for you :) I don't see anything out of the norm though.

NickWag

5 Year Member
Mandeville, LA
Actually, what you described sounds more like what I'm trying to describe! It's more flexible, and it is all the way up the center!
Phew! Thank you! That's already a load off!

Status
Not open for further replies.