Soft Plastron

Maba_thesulcata

Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
Hello. My 3 month old sulcata have a soft plastron, I noticed it while soaking them earlier. They're eating well, soaked twice daily, with UVB and CHE in their enclosure, water available at all times. Their diet are mulberry leaves, hibiscus flower and leaves and aloe vera. Is it normal for them to have soft plastron or should I take them to the vet?

Need some advice, thank you very much

Edit: It is soft around the belly button area....is this normal ????

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Hello. My 3 month old sulcata have a soft plastron, I noticed it while soaking them earlier. They're eating well, soaked twice daily, with UVB and CHE in their enclosure, water available at all times. Their diet are mulberry leaves, hibiscus flower and leaves and aloe vera. Is it normal for them to have soft plastron or should I take them to the vet?

Need some advice, thank you very much
Its normal for it to have some give at this age. As long as its not to soft. Almost like s butter container lid if u push lightly

Chubbs the tegu

Ma
Anything to recommend? Thank you!
There are so many. Grape leaves, plantain weeds, dandelion leaves and flowers, catsear, young tender grass, cactus pad, chickweed, wild violets leaves and flowers. Any weed id u need help with you can post a pic on here and ppl can help u out. Good luck! And welcome

Maba_thesulcata

Philippines
There are so many. Grape leaves, plantain weeds, dandelion leaves and flowers, catsear, young tender grass, cactus pad, chickweed, wild violets leaves and flowers. Any weed id u need help with you can post a pic on here and ppl can help u out. Good luck! And welcome
Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

• 20210604_105421.jpg
    20210604_105421.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 42

Maba_thesulcata

Philippines

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you very much for your help ☺ I just bought humidifier/fogger will arrive in a few days!! Definitely will take up and do the advices!!! Thank youu
Don't use a fogger with tortoises. Read the care sheet. Ask questions.