New Owner, New Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Instinct

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Upstate New York
Hello there!
My name is Jillian and I currently reside in Upstate, New York. Very close to the PA border.

I work at my local pet store and we almost always have tortoises. We generally get sent the Russians but a few months ago the supplier sent us two Greek tortoises. I instantly fell in love with the male (we were also sent a female) and just had to have him.
Over the past few weeks I've been setting up his habitat and after my shift today, I brought him home. :)

I've never owned tortoises before and know the basics from my job, but I would love to know even more facts about these awesome reptiles.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Jillian welcome! So the GReek male captured your heart, good for him. Just a word of warning these guys can be addictive. :D I am also glad to learn your pet store person, I hope you will share what you learn here with other folks with or just thinking about getting tortoises.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) Like Jacqui said. Please share the knowledge you get here on proper care of tortoises to all you can. Not to offend you, but most pet stores give out bad info and care instructions, along with bad equipment/supply recommendations.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Jillian, and welcome to the Forum!!!

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Thanks for the warm welcome! :)

Wellington, no offense taken!
I completely understand where you are coming from.
Many customers who come into our store never research the pet before buying. I'm hoping to be able to get some information from the members here and be able to make a little guide to hand out to my co-workers about their care so they can give new owners the proper information. I might even make more copies so even the customers have a guide on hand. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.