new owner of red footed tortoise (help needed)

Shah

Location (City and/or State)
Malaysia
hi everyone.
Im Shah from Malaysia.
I've been wanting to have this red footed tortoise for long and finally 2 weeks ago i got this as a gift from my friend.
The tortoise is around 6 months old,behaving normal and eating well.:)

However I noticed there are some beige spots on the plastron,should i be worried?or is it normal?

You guys can see the pic that I attached here.

TQIA

aceca955-b3fa-4b18-bfe4-7d8e7f0ba002.jpeg0efb36b7-2a53-4ef8-ab8c-08bb88488984.jpeg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
hi everyone.
Im Shah from Malaysia.
I've been wanting to have this red footed tortoise for long and finally 2 weeks ago i got this as a gift from my friend.
The tortoise is around 6 months old,behaving normal and eating well.:)

However I noticed there are some beige spots on the plastron,should i be worried?or is it normal?

You guys can see the pic that I attached here.

TQIA

View attachment 290892View attachment 290893
Welcome to the forum. That looks like a little fungus. It can be treated with a cheap anti fungal cream.

Shah

Malaysia
Welcome to the forum. That looks like a little fungus. It can be treated with a cheap anti fungal cream.

Thank you...will try that out

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your RF tortoise DOES need to live in humid conditions, however, having the substrate too wet causes that fungus you see starting to grow on your baby's shell.

Shah

Malaysia
Your RF tortoise DOES need to live in humid conditions, however, having the substrate too wet causes that fungus you see starting to grow on your baby's shell.
The substrate is not too wet...maybe the moss in the hiding...will adjust the humid in the hiding place... As for now the humidity is around 70-75...it is ok?

Shah

Malaysia
One more thing,i am using exo terra uvb 100 (25w) for my RF and the height of the uvb light is 12” from the substrate ... Is this acceptable? image.jpg