new owner

Shellshocked384

Hi I'm totally new to this site and I have had my Hermann tortoise since September i know a small bit about tortoises but not much ,my tortoise has an eye infection but is getting better ,other then her eye infection I would like to know if I'm doing anything else wrong ,I give her a bath every night and I always have food in the vivarium (yes,vivarium I know there not the best home for a tortoise but in the current circumstances it's probably the best option) she eats dandelion leaves and carrots with a vitamin powder sprinkled on top her vivarium is a good size for her and I have a uv bulb and a basking bulb in her vivarium and she is nine months old

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA

Shellshocked384

Her uv bulb is like a long and skinny tube and its white she doesn't really eat the carrots but the smell of them seems to make her hungry so I just put them in with her leaves

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Her uv bulb is like a long and skinny tube and its white she doesn't really eat the carrots but the smell of them seems to make her hungry so I just put them in with her leaves
Okay, so not like this?
images

That's great :D

It's okay if she doesn't want them, they aren't incredibly healthy for her. You should try to cut them out entirely, and just feed weeds :D
Again, do you have a source you could get some from?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the forum!

Have you had time to read the care sheet that's pinned at the top of our Hermanni section?

Shellshocked384

Yes it was very informative however I did want to see what u guys think of my methods of looking after my tortoise :)