New owner :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cezcal20

5 Year Member
Hey everyone!

I just got my hatchling Salcata couple days ago. It is 2 months old. It is eating Dandelions so far. I pick some weeds for it to also eat. I just went out and bought Timothy Hay; can i feed it Timothy hay everyday? I also bought zoomeds Grassland tort food.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) My threads below by my signature are Toms, all great info for proper care of a sulcata

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Cezcal20!

Yes, your baby CAN eat timothy hay every day...problem is, he probably won't. Baby tortoises seldom eat hay until they get to be a little bigger, maybe 3 or 4 years old. You can always cut it up into small pieces and mix it together with the weeds and grocery store greens.

cezcal20

5 Year Member
This is the photo of him the first day i got him :)

9c8c5db8bd6511e2ab6722000a1fb853_7.jpg
ascott said:
Welcome and we LOVE pics :)

Instinct

5 Year Member
Upstate New York
Hello there!

Your little one is absolutely adorable!
Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I've always heard the dandelion greens aren't very nutritious. However, if you are giving them with other dark greens such as kale, escarole & romaine it should be fine. :) Variety is always the best!

As for the ZooMed Grassland tort food, if you haven't already, definitely wet it down to make it easier for the little one to eat. I know my boy won't touch it unless I wet it down and mix it in. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.