New Russian female with prolapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Hi Jacqui!
I was thinking about ya this morning and wondering how things are going.
Take care- :)

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Jacqui, I was thinking the same as Sibi, so if it does come to a Vet let us all know, and I'm sure you'll get enough donations to cover it. :) You are a really good person for taking this on and the little tort is DEFINITELY in better hands than it was with the previous owner. Keep us updated and know our thoughts and prayers are with you and the tort.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
You are a wonderful person Jacqui! Prayers are coming your way as well for little tort! :)

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Spn785 said:
Jacqui, I was thinking the same as Sibi, so if it does come to a Vet let us all know, and I'm sure you'll get enough donations to cover it. :) You are a really good person for taking this on and the little tort is DEFINITELY in better hands than it was with the previous owner. Keep us updated and know our thoughts and prayers are with you and the tort.

I WOULD DONATE FOR SURE!!!!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Btw, my turtle who had that surgery 15 years ago is now 25 years old!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
sibi said:
Btw, my turtle who had that surgery 15 years ago is now 25 years old!

Wow neat! She never had more problems?

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Good Luck Jacqui
She is lucky she ended up with you.
So what does the sugar do???

Not heard of this before

Louise

sissyofone

10 Year Member!
San Antonio, Texas
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I just wanted to say that you all on this forum are too cool. This is awesome. People coming together to help Jacqui and this little tortoise. It makes me feel good to know there's people in this world who still care. I think Jacqui is an angel for taking this on. Best of luck to you and your new tortoise

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Nope. She never had another problem like that again. She even laid another egg, and I about freaked out. But, nothing came out. The surgeon did a great job.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
sissyofone said:
Hi all, I'm a newbie here. I just wanted to say that you all on this forum are too cool. This is awesome. People coming together to help Jacqui and this little tortoise. It makes me feel good to know there's people in this world who still care. I think Jacqui is an angel for taking this on. Best of luck to you and your new tortoise

Hi sissyofone! That was so sweet of you to say. I agree with you! Everyone sticks together and helps out eachother! So glad you joined! Did you go to introduction and introduce yourself to everyone? :)

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
Jacqui, any update? How is she doing? Has the swelling gone down any?

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
I will donate as well!! Poor thing, it breaks my heart!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Well to be honest I had thought this morning it was less swollen, but to be honest I think it was wishful thinking. Right now she is out of her water. She and I had a major fight over trying to get her wrapped up with the sugar paste on her tail. She won. :rolleyes: We compromised on a barely on cover of seran. The second we were done with the seran wars, I placed her in a box with some romaine (right now food value is not my concern) and my hands had barely left her before she was chowing down. Once she is done, she will be back into the water mixture.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
See Jacqui, there's no need to hesitate taking her to the vet. If she needs the surgery, it would be better for the vet to do it. They will have pain meds and serialized instruments etc. And the whole thing doesn't have to be your responsibility. After all, if we are really like a family, isn't this what family do?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
maybe try pumpkin too. since you dont know what the cause is.. pumpkin and mineral oil.. just in case...

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I have no witness any attempt by her to do any straining or pushing. It's like it doesn't bother her unless I am working around it. It's those times you remember just how strong those little buggers are and how sharp those back claws are.

I did call the Vet's office. The reptile Vet is off today. I asked the office person if there was any way to give me even a wild ball park guess on cost and she couldn't. All she could tell me was the $44.25 for the normal visit.
:(

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You folks are simply amazing folks in here!! At this point there is promised a total of $160 towards her surgery. :0!

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
That poor, poor tortoise! Thankfully, you are dealing with the situation and are giving the tort the love, care, and medical attention it deserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.