New Russian Tortoise

adc

Location (City and/or State)
ELIZABETHTOWN
Just got a Russian Female. I have read up on their care. I have liquid calcium and a UVB light on the way.

I had many Eastern Box turtles in the past. Hoping to learn on this forum

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Congrats on your tortoise! Can you share pictures of it and the enclosure? We can help you better that way.

here is the best place to start:

Also which Elizabeth town are you? Don't really need to know specifics but it helps to know which country you are in and general region.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome to the forum. You will get updated info here.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Welcome. Please be sure to give specific info, not just you have read up on their card. If you didn't do your research on this forum, then you have a great chance of having the wrong info.

adc

ELIZABETHTOWN
Congrats on your tortoise! Can you share pictures of it and the enclosure? We can help you better that way.

here is the best place to start:

Also which Elizabeth town are you? Don't really need to know specifics but it helps to know which country you are in and general region.
Elizabethtown PA. I have an inside housing and an outside one which is say 2' x 10'. The llast is a pic of my Eastern Box Turtle which I will release tomorrow.
IMG-6806.jpg

IMG-6907.jpg

IMG-0493.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Elizabethtown PA. I have an inside housing and an outside one which is say 2' x 10'. The llast is a pic of my Eastern Box Turtle which I will release tomorrow.
IMG-6806.jpg

IMG-6907.jpg

IMG-0493.jpg
If you have kept the Box turtle for years or bought him, do not release him. He can not go back to the wild. If you caught him in the wild recently then you need to release him back where you took him from. It's not right and possibly illegal, for sure dangerous to release into the wild a turtle or tortoise you have kept for years!!!
The tank is not an appropriate inside enclosure for even a hatchling. If that's all you have for an inside enclosure, you must do a lot better! 4x8 minimum for indoors.

adc

ELIZABETHTOWN
Already got him out of the tank. He will stay outside during warmer weather and come inside this fall. I will house her in my man cave.

I have only hade the box turtle for 4 months. I will be releasing her in a state forest. I have researched it. Streams nearby and miles away from a road. She can not be released where she came from...Suburbs of Phila. If I knew that she was in captivity for a while I would keep her.