Height:10 1/4" (sitting)
DSCN0362.jpg

Weight:73 lbs
DSCN0358.jpg

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New York
He is everything that my young Sullys aspire to be! Very nice! :)

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Now thanks what I'm talking about. 11 years old, big guy and looks well takin care of. Thank you for showing him off :D. Btw, is that a tag glued to his shell? Just noticed that.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I am wondering about the tag also. It looks like a dog tag. Is it glued on and if so what did you use. Great idea for a tort that wanders.

FADE2BLACK_1973 said:
Now thanks what I'm talking about. 11 years old, big guy and looks well takin care of. Thank you for showing him off :D. Btw, is that a tag glued to his shell? Just noticed that.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
It is a dog tag and he has gotten out, twice in fact... hence the dog tag! It was 1st hammered into shape then place with a 2 part, Concrete Ancor, Epoxy.... I dread the day I have to change it!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
That is really a great idea. I use those collars on my pooch that has his name and phone number. Even sometimes they don't check for a microchip if they get lost. I am going to tell my friend about your idea. Her big sulcata gets out occasionally.

Zamric said:
It is a dog tag and he has gotten out, twice in fact... hence the dog tag! It was 1st hammered into shape then place with a 2 part, Concrete Ancor, Epoxy.... I dread the day I have to change it!

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
Zamric said:

Kinda thought that was why you added it. Heard so many stories about owner's losing their beloved sulcata's. A tortoise that size could bulldoze just about anything over or through to get out. From what I heard and had been warned about with mine.

erdavis

5 Year Member
Gainesville, Fl (Go Gators!)
Zamric said:

I am interested in doing this to my sulcata once he becomes an outdoor guy. does it bother him at all? is there a certain place you have to put it so it does not disturb shell growth? I also came across a picture of a sulcata with a tag on tumblr. could this be walkingrock as well?

Attachments

• tag.jpg
    tag.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 19

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
erdavis said:
Zamric said:

I am interested in doing this to my sulcata once he becomes an outdoor guy. does it bother him at all? is there a certain place you have to put it so it does not disturb shell growth? I also came across a picture of a sulcata with a tag on tumblr. could this be walkingrock as well?
What a cutie, but no, that not WalkingRock.

I have found this place to be the best place for the tag. you can glue most anywhere on any plate just make sure you DONT glue it on the plate lines because this is where all the growth takes place

Status
Not open for further replies.