WalkingRock -VS- Old Nemisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
wellington said:
As handsome as ever. Thanks for the update. Love seeing how he's doing. The leopards too.

Thanks! I think Fiona (our new puppy) is stressing him out but he hasn't tried to charge her yet! If she keeps eating his food, he just might!:D

DanieltheAnvil said:
Walking rock is still one of my favorite tortoises on this forum. He is so cool.

...and he is a joy to care for! Well, Cathie might not think so but she is the one who is constantly picking up the poo....:p

cemmons12 said:
Love the pictures! Thanks!

Your Welcome! :)

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
He is SO dreamy!!! You said the metal tag is because he has a history of escaping. Can you tell me more about this? How is it attached, does it have his info like a dog tag?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
DawnH said:
He is SO dreamy!!! You said the metal tag is because he has a history of escaping. Can you tell me more about this? How is it attached, does it have his info like a dog tag?

It is a dog tag from Petco with his name, address and Cathie's phone number on it. It is held on with 2 part, Heavy Duty epoxy. Dallas is a BIG town to get lost in!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
DawnH said:
That is a FAB idea! Thanks so much!

Quick warning about putting on a tag like this...

Be Careful the epoxy DOES NOT TOUCH the edge of the scute or "Bridge" 2 scutes! Because it will affect growth in that area! ;)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
LQQKIN GOOD Z'MAN ......" BERRY GOOD" ! :D

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
Oh - it's a great idea but as it stands now I am watching over our 5 week old to see signs of breathing (he is fine, I am just a nervous nilly.) I cannot imagine trying to attach anything to him just yet...lol ;)

Doodle

5 Year Member
USA
He is very handsome! :) Love the name Walking Rock. :p

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
DawnH said:
Oh - it's a great idea but as it stands now I am watching over our 5 week old to see signs of breathing (he is fine, I am just a nervous nilly.) I cannot imagine trying to attach anything to him just yet...lol ;)

I really would not suggest it on a tortoise less than 5-7 years old unless they are larger than average! WalkingRock is 13 and over 100 lbs. but he's had that tag since he was about 9 or so and just over 50 lbs.

Doodle said:

Currently Tortoiseless.

Thanks!

.... and as for being "Tortoiseless"... just being on TFO makes people start looking for more.... no matter how many they have before finding us! :p I personally have gotten 2 more since joining :D

Doodle

5 Year Member
USA
Zamric said:
DawnH said:

I really would not suggest it on a tortoise less than 5-7 years old unless they are larger than average! WalkingRock is 13 and over 100 lbs. but he's had that tag since he was about 9 or so and just over 50 lbs.

Doodle said:

Currently Tortoiseless.

Thanks!

.... and as for being "Tortoiseless"... just being on TFO makes people start looking for more.... no matter how many they have before finding us! :p I personally have gotten 2 more since joining :D

I am hoping to get a hermanns later this year. After being on TFO I now want a sulcata too. :rolleyes:

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Doodle said:

Doodle said:

Currently Tortoiseless.

Thanks!

I am hoping to get a hermanns later this year. After being on TFO I now want a sulcata too. :rolleyes:
[/quote]

Hermanns are good if your looking for and indoor tort but just remember that a Sulcata will need lots of room and even a dedicated yard after a few years.... and they live a VERY long time!:)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Lilyloveslettuse said:
Walking rock? More like walking boulder!

heheheh, now maybe but when Cathie 1st got him, she almost named him "Walnut" because of his size and color.... One day we might have to rename him "Avalanche" :p

Status
Not open for further replies.