new sulcata babies

Status
Not open for further replies.

smlboggess

5 Year Member
3554213205_1c04312237.jpg

i just bought these three today! they are very healthy and active about two to three months old.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Congrats! They are sweet!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Your set up isnt a cardboard box is it? .
What are you feeding them and what are your plans for the future when they turn into 100 pound bulldozers?
I have 4 and two yards. one 100x40 that houses the two big guys. It is so overgrown i could cut it smaller, but the other two will grow into it soon!
and two heated sheds.. $$ higher in the winter. oh well...

smlboggess

5 Year Member
Laura said:
What are you feeding them and what are your plans for the future when they turn into 100 pound bulldozers?
I have 4 and two yards. one 100x40 that houses the two big guys. It is so overgrown i could cut it smaller, but the other two will grow into it soon!

No it is not a cardboard box i was just transporting with that i have them in a 39 gallon tank for now i am feeding them mazuri soaked in pineapple juice also i live on an acre and a half so i have plenty of room.

desertsss

5 Year Member
Beautiful new additions. Congrats! My are you gonna have your hands full when they get bigger. :p

richalisoviejo

5 Year Member
smlboggess said:
Laura said:

No it is not a cardboard box i was just transporting with that i have them in a 39 gallon tank for now i am feeding them mazuri soaked in pineapple juice also i live on an acre and a half so i have plenty of room.

I’m a novice when it comes to tortoises. I’ve learned a lot from this site. I feed mine Mazuri but I’m not sure the acid in the pineapple juice would be good for them, I could be wrong.

They are very cute.

Vegas_Leopard

10 Year Member!
Las Vegas, NV
I've never heard soaking Mazuri in pineapple juice, doesn't sound right to me. I hope to see more pictures of your Sulcata's in their enclosure.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
I think water would be better.. but maybe the fruit juice enticed them to eat at first.. I would back off on it tho.. and feed veggies as well...

smlboggess

5 Year Member
Laura said:
I think water would be better.. but maybe the fruit juice enticed them to eat at first.. I would back off on it tho.. and feed veggies as well...

it was actually apple juice but it was only to soften the food up and entice eating.

Status
Not open for further replies.