new to forum and new to caring for a tortoise

KarenC

Location (City and/or State)
MA
oh one thing I do want to do is add a bigger water bowl so she can soak if she wants and wanted to put more rocks around it to help with her nails - (which I need to trim- I think). I was going to get a terra cotta saucer once I get the chance to go out shopping.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
I wouldn't spend a lot of money on this little aquarium, I would focus on getting a bigger enclosure. But until then you can add a lot more substrate so that she can dig down and bury herself. she doesn't go under her log because she can't fit under it, if the substrate is deeper she can dig down and make a little cave under it. if space is a big issue you can make a double-decker tort table, there are several pictures of some really creative ones here. You can add a plant or two also.

KarenC

MA
Thanks - I'm going to get the coconut fiber to add under the current stuff - can't wait to look at what others have done as the stuff I'm finding on pinterest is pretty limited :)
Karen

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello and Welcome! ! ! !

nate327

Hello all. My daughter(9) and I have decided to buy a russisn tortoise. We are new to tortoises and honestly "Crush" will be our first pet altogether. Ive read a few suggestions and pages about caring for our wonderful first edition, but would like to hear some of your experiences and advices. Thank you for having me and helping out. Calcium supplement or a calcium cuddlebone? Which do you prefer and why?

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
Hello all. My daughter(9) and I have decided to buy a russisn tortoise. We are new to tortoises and honestly "Crush" will be our first pet altogether. Ive read a few suggestions and pages about caring for our wonderful first edition, but would like to hear some of your experiences and advices. Thank you for having me and helping out. Calcium supplement or a calcium cuddlebone? Which do you prefer and why?
For you you would do better if you started a brand-new thread of your own. otherwise things can get a little confusing :)