New to forum

Manuela Green

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Hi I'm Manuela and I'm owned by a three toed tortious named Cassiopeia unknown age... And since 6 weeks a leopard tortoise named Lillie 1 1/2 years old... Here to learn more about the leopard tortoise... I'm having problems with her always flipping on her back... I get up at least 2 -3 times at night just to check on her ... I was told to reduce heat to 84-86 on heat spot and down to 80 on low spot.. Did not help... Also when I got her she was pyramiding and is know on the switch from romaine heart ( breeder had her on romain hearts)to grass doing it slow
( mixture) also she is on a once a week vitamin A supplement.
Wish everybody a great week

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Manuela, and welcome to the Forum!

They eventually will outgrow the tipping over thing...usually before reaching the age of your little guy. Send us a picture of your habitat and maybe we can see the tipping culprit.

Manuela Green

Oklahoma
Avoid steep objects in the pen and square corners. Anything climbable has to be off limits or gently sloped to stop the flipping.
Thank you makes sense... Was probable to easy for me I was thinking to much into the problem ... Lol .. Thanks again... Maby I get some sleep again

Manuela Green

Oklahoma
Hi Manuela, and welcome to the Forum!

They eventually will outgrow the tipping over thing...usually before reaching the age of your little guy. Send us a picture of your habitat and maybe we can see the tipping culprit.
Okay will make pictures and post shortly... Thanks

Manuela Green

Oklahoma

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Welcome Manuela. (That's my wife's name too) don't tell her I told you, she hates it and goes by her middle name of Melissa.

Yank that water dish out and substitute it for a terra cotta plant saucer for $0.75. Use one as a water dish and one as a food plate. Be sure to sink them down into the substraight so the top is flush with the soil so they don't tip over getting in and out. So it looks like this...

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1413912563.287514.jpg

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

Manuela Green

Oklahoma
image.jpg
Welcome Manuela. (That's my wife's name too) don't tell her I told you, she hates it and goes by her middle name of Melissa.

Yank that water dish out and substitute it for a terra cotta plant saucer for $0.75. Use one as a water dish and one as a food plate. Be sure to sink them down into the substraight so the top is flush with the soil so they don't tip over getting in and out. So it looks like this...

View attachment 100846

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)[/QUOTE
This is a temp in closure as be build a tortoise landscape enclosure for spring

Manuela Green

Oklahoma
Thank you to all of you such good info... I will yank that water dish out and replace it with terra cotta saucer... Also have to find a way so she will not try to clim the walls.. Sorry that my post and pictures are all over still have to learn to get around the forum...Thanks again I really appreciate the help...

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ, USA . Have s great tort day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum