New to forum, what habitat are y'all's favorites?

Vintagebee

Location (City and/or State)
Lafayette Louisiana
Hi my names Katelynn and I live in Louisiana. I'm a new tortoise parent with my boyfriend justin but we are loving it and learning so much, I have a sulcata hatchling named bleazy. He is 19 weeks and healthy. Right now I have him in a tortoise table, he's got a powersun UV mercury bulb, ceramic lamp, heating pad, water dish, moss, aspen bedding and a hidey hole. I'm constantly checking temp and humidity in his habitat. I'm looking to expand and get a bigger habitat for him that will have live plants and better controlled humidity so I'm not spraying constantly. What types of habitats and plants are y'all's favorites? I'm looking into indoor plants for him, but I would like to order some online possibly or plant my own. Thanks guys! Please excuse any typos, did this on my phone!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 20
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 19

Merrick

5 Year Member
South Florida
I would change the aspen into coconut coir or dirt and coconut coir mix it will help with humidity and it will be used for digging

Vintagebee

Lafayette Louisiana
Thanks for the input, I was looking to change it again, he had Cyprus before the aspen. The vet I brought him too to get him checked out suggested aspen but I've read better humidity with the dirt base stuff. I like the way it looks better too. Thanks again

alex_ornelas

newark ca
Hello bleazy. :) ur adorable I got Oliver's plants from Michaels craft store or some people put aloe u can also check under the enclosure section for more ideas :)