New tortoise species ¿?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
The pet shop where the guy bought the tortoise probably had Russians and RF's in the same enclosure, and the sign said something like "Russians Redfoots"

It looks pretty darned good for the guy not knowing what he had or how to care for it.

474158gy04azrh2x.gif

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
OH, USA
Yeah, wow, nice and smooth! Would be cool if it was, but I think from the top it looks like a regualar red foot?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
There is one listed in the Chicago area CL that says its a Russian Redfoot. However, it's just a Russian. Either stupidity on the owner or where ever they got it from.

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
I would like to see the rare Russian box turtle lol
lol me to i normally try to correct the person because normally it's just a russian but i normally get the "but i got it at petsmart/petco and they said it was rare" if it was rare i don't think petco or petsmart sells it lol

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
lol me to i normally try to correct the person because normally it's just a russian but i normally get the "but i got it at petsmart/petco and they said it was rare" if it was rare i don't think petco or petsmart sells it lol
Hahahah right ! I haven't seen any rare ones for sale at petco and I go to petco every now and then , they always have Russians , Greeks sometimes , they used to sell cherry heads but stopped doing it after they loose a lot of money because most of the ones they sold died

naturalman91

5 Year Member
Medford Oregon
Hahahah right ! I haven't seen any rare ones for sale at petco and I go to petco every now and then , they always have Russians , Greeks sometimes , they used to sell cherry heads but stopped doing it after they loose a lot of money because most of the ones they sold died
every now and again they'll have redfoots but i don't think they are to smart keeping them how htey do they're asking for problems.