New tortoise table

Victoria-88

Location (City and/or State)
London
Hi tortoise people,
I have just built a new table for my Hermann tortoise, an upgrade from a vivarium but I'm not sure about the heating.
I have a T5 uvb stripe light and a 60 watt ceramic heater at roughly 12in away, but I can't seem to get the basking spot up to 32 degrees it's always hovering at 29.7.
Plus I'm worried the cool end is to cold at night as my tortoise was sleeping under the heat lamp. It was 23 degrees during the day, have yet to test the night temp.

Thank you in advance.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hi tortoise people,
I have just built a new table for my Hermann tortoise, an upgrade from a vivarium but I'm not sure about the heating.
I have a T5 uvb stripe light and a 60 watt ceramic heater at roughly 12in away, but I can't seem to get the basking spot up to 32 degrees it's always hovering at 29.7.
Plus I'm worried the cool end is to cold at night as my tortoise was sleeping under the heat lamp. It was 23 degrees during the day, have yet to test the night temp.

Thank you in advance.
This is the problem with an open table and why a large custom built viv is better. You are going to need more fixtures, more bulbs and higher wattage to maintain temps in an open table. You'll see this monthly on your electric bill too.