• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
If you were in the market for a new truck, which one would you choose and why?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
My grandfather (who lives not far from you) was a bearing engineer for GM. Enough said ;)

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I have a F-150 now so if I was able to get a new one I would stay with Ford and get the F-150 V-6 that has the power of a V-8... Fords have never given me a problem...

jackrat

5 Year Member
Hamburg,AR
I've had good luck with Nissan. My last three pickups have been Nissans. High trade in value,even with 200K miles.

Tiger Cowboy

5 Year Member
Birmingham, AL
I drive a Toyota Tacoma and it has been a great truck.

The only brand I would stay away from are the dodges. Of 4 Dodge trucks I have driven (not voluntarily) all but one had major issues, and 1 of those was brand new!

Teagle

5 Year Member
Central California
It all depends on what the trucks are used for. A good little pickup Toyota would be my choice, for a hefty half-ton I would go with chevy for features and for 3/4 ton or more I prefer Fords but however when talking diesel the three choices have good and bad. Dodge great motor junk truck and transmission, Fords comfortable built tough have had trouble with motors in recent years (ie. 6.0l power stroke) that being said depending on how you take care of it really maters. And leaving chevy at the end nicer ride in HD but in my opinion the motor (Duramax) doesn't stand up to the Allison transmission, great transmission mediocre motor.

All of that being said I currently have 2004 Toyota Tacoma Extended cab SR5 4X4 and a 2003 Ford F350 with the 6.0L diesel (no problems yet) crossing my fingers.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I vote for the Tundra. That's what I intend to buy when ever my Tacoma finally wears out. I'm at 210K now.

I've heard good things about the Dodge and my parents own two of them.

I have a friend who swears by Chevy, but admits he knows other people who have had mechanical problems.

I will never buy another Ford again. They offer TERRIBLE customer service at the dealer AND corporate level. They are crooks in more ways than one. They sold my wife a lemon and refused to help us any longer after about the sixth visit and 50th phone call. I'm sure we would have won if we had gone to court, but who has time for that? Another time with another vehicle they were trying to refuse to fix a basic warrantee item and trying to make me pay $300+ out of pocket. I fought with them and they finally relented. I called a buddy who works at another dealership far away from me and he told me that the "factory" issued a directive to reduce warranty spending by at least 80%, by any means necessary. I guess my dealer took that to mean ripping off loyal customers.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I am in LOVE with my old 93 Ford Bronco Full size 5.8L (not a gas sipper though :D)

Did I say, I LOVE my truck :D I use to own a BMW 528i, lovely machine until it needs servicing LOL I did get 226K out of her before she started to demand thousands to replace suspension (they are designed to have all parts fail at about the same time)

oh yeah, I love my truck...my 12 year old son has even put dibs on it when he turns 16 :p I feel a brawl will likely occur....LOL

fbsmith3

5 Year Member
Worcester, MA
I currently am driving an 02 Ford Ranger, I bought last year and I had a 1994 Ford Ranger I drove until 2005 when it was hit by a drunk driver and totalled by the insurance company. All others cars I have had other than Fords have been trouble. My Fords have never given me trouble, only minor wear and tear repairs.

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
There's just some thing about a Dodge Hemi that screams (((BAD ***))) I vote for the Dodge! :cool:

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I drove Ford and Chevys my entire life....Until 2yrs ago when I bought a Toyota Tundra, 4 x 4, off road package. I got the Limited edition. By far the greatest vehicle I have ever had the pleasure of owning. Not even close.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Ford all the way! Great trucks, great service, great driving, everything a truck should be created to do and do well.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
We bought a desile Chevy Silverado to pull our fifth wheel. It is a good truck, but now we are selling the 5th wheel and would prefer something smaller. I guess it would depend on what I was buying it for. If I were going to pull something I would go with what I have. If I just wanted good a truck I think I would go with Nissan.

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
My husbands Chevy truck has almost 200,000 miles on it. Never has any problems. Drives it to work everyday and hauls a car and trailer with it too. My car is a Chevy also. Bought it used in 2005 and only had one minor part that went bad.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Owned Dodge, Chevy and Ford..and from my experience Ford makes a very strong dependable Truck...

And if you need something unstoppable F350 4x4 DRW turbo diesel....I put over 140k hard miles (off road camping, winter travel on unplowed rds in the back country' pulling my fifth wheel)on my last one in 6 yrs and sold it for more than half the original purchase price...

Maintenance is high.. But if you can do your own oil changes and cooling maintenance ... It's not that bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.