New Years Eve food?

Status
Not open for further replies.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
ct.usa
happy new year to all. i am just getting ready to make nachos. just me and the hubby and the pets. we dont eat alot ,were snackers. nachos with all the works. what my question is..... what are you going to make? oh yeah, my huband got a chocolate cream pie!

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
I was gonna order a pizza until I read this. Nachos do sound good. :)

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I'm now in 2012. I told myself I was getting back on the healthy living from the start of 2012, but until the clock struck midnight I was enjoying chocolate.

My last meal of 2011 was slow-cooked beef, roast potatoes and Yorkshire puddings.

pam

5 Year Member
Minnesota
We ordered pizza :) A lot of people must have had the same idea it was an hour wait but oh so worth the wait it was delish

IMG_2347.jpg

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
dmarcus said:
We are headed to Texas Roadhouse, I so enjoy the food there...

all i can say is... YUM! have agreat time.

jaizei said:
I was gonna order a pizza until I read this. Nachos do sound good. :)
easy too! its in the oven! dont forget the sour cream.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We just finished oyster, mussels, crawfish, crab legs sausages, cheese and dips. Yum, yum, now very full and are going to watch a movie. HAPPY NEW YEAR

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
We had pollo asada tacos I have also been eating christmas cookies. Tomorrow I will start eatting healthy again :) Healthy eatting and exercise, can I stick with it? I don't know......

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
last night must have been great. i woke today looking for my eye wear and i was wearing them! 'lol'

momo said:
last night must have been great. i woke today looking for my eye wear and i was wearing them! 'lol'

i just when to get my coffee, and i forgot to put coffee in the maker! wow, this is werid. hope i have my pants on , when i go out later!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Started up a big batch of black-eyed peas...I'm assuming those of you not lucky enough to have been born on the Nicer Side of the Mason/Dixon Line, if not actually in The Republic, at least know about eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day for luck...right? :p

Katherine

5 Year Member
Terry Allan Hall said:
Started up a big batch of black-eyed peas...I'm assuming those of you not lucky enough to have been born on the Nicer Side of the Mason/Dixon Line, if not actually in The Republic, at least know about eating black-eyed peas on New Year's Day for luck...right? :p

Do you have cabbage as well? I had healthy heaping servings of both : )

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
We had Thai food for New Years Eve, and carne asada tacos for dinner tonight. Mmmmmmm cilantro and onions.... My tortoises will get the left over cilantro tomorrow.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I was thinking pizza, then someone mentioned nachos, but I settled on a meat and cheese and fruit tray.

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
katherine said:
Terry Allan Hall said:

Do you have cabbage as well? I had healthy heaping servings of both : )

Sure did...my niece brought over a cabbage dish and it was pretty tasty. About the only traditional "good luck" food missing was Pork, as my sister and one niece are Jewish and the other niece converted to Islam...as for me, I'd never be able to look my little buddy, Hamlet, in the eyes again.

a91a553a-c718-4c05-9bd2-89ca05227911

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
We ordered from an Italian take out joint. It was yummy but I have been sick since. I am thinking they weren't honest when they said there was no meat or stock in any of the food.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Kerryann said:
We ordered from an Italian take out joint. It was yummy but I have been sick since. I am thinking they weren't honest when they said there was no meat or stock in any of the food.
hope you feel better. nachos were so good, i forgot to take a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.