Newbie in Puerto Rico needs support.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Hi, Sulcata people!
A newbie, whose username is Efrain, has been messaging me for help with her baby sulcata.

The newbie is an adult and the sulcata is 3 months old.
The lady is apparently having difficulty posting on the open forum, but HAS been reading the threads here and has figured out how to message me. Unfortunately for her, I keep a Hermann's and know nothing about Sulcatas. I also know NOTHING about computers, and can't help her with logging onto the open forum from her SmartPhone!

The lady's English is really pretty good, and if any of you can message her with either instructions for getting onto the open forum on her SmartPhone OR help with her little sulcata, that would be super.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I believe,Yvonne has already put out a thread for a Spanish speaking member to help her.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
Yes, but I wanted to make it CLEAR that this lady communicates very well in general CONVERSATIONAL English- it's some of the less common ideas where we get a little confused.

I SPEAK NO SPANISH AT ALL but have been able to communicate quite adequately with her, for about 90% of our conversation.

I don't want people to think they can't communicate with her unless they speak Spanish- that's NOT the case.

She sincerely wants the best for her little sulcata and has been doing a lot of reading online, but as we so often see, she's getting contradictory information.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I did not mean to step on any toes, especially Yvonne's, by posting here.
Whenever anyone asks me for help, I can get a little carried away.

I will now OFFICIALLY chill out, and quit stressing over this!
(The snort of laughter you hear in the background is my husband, who knows me all too well...:p)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
No problem. Yvonne had stated she thought she couldn't speak (write) very well in English. Either way, I'm sure she will get the help she needs. You should recommend her to start a thread if she hasn't and point her to Toms threads.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
She has tried to post a thread from her SmartPhone but can't get it to work for some reason (I'm a Techno-Neanderthal, so I'm no help there!!!) That's why she's resorting to messaging.

Oh, well- I can only do what I can do.
I got her started on Tom's threads-Thanks for the suggestion!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
(The snort of laughter you hear in the background is my husband, who knows me all too well...

LMAO....you are fantastic....I believe I can hear and recognize that male sound they make ......

I don't want people to think they can't communicate with her unless they speak Spanish- that's NOT the case.

Ok, So let me see if I get this right, she communicates well in English? Is this what you are saying...?

Ahhhh, I so needed this awesome thread....:p