Newbie looking for opinions on my Redfoot enclosure!

christinaland128

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Metro Detroit
Thanks for the pics! I'm actually going to get a humidifier this morning! Did you just saw off the tip of the humidifier? I couldn't really tell what you were doing in that pic.
Yes we had to sign off the tip but go get the tubing first to see what fits. :)

apriltankdavis

Thanks for all of your advice! I have a much more tropical set up for now (since we're in spring break) and will fix my one at school once we go back. I got a humidifier but haven't used it yet because just adding top soil under the other substrates, adding a CHE, and covering the enclosure has gotten us to 88 degrees and around 75% humidity. I'm going to play with moving around the heat source and sealing the cover on three sides before using it.

She is more active today than she has been in the past 3 weeks! She's freely drinking water, eating, and hasn't napped yet. :)

Attachments

• 1428345791201.jpg
    1428345791201.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Fes, Morocco
Thanks for all of your advice! I have a much more tropical set up for now (since we're in spring break) and will fix my one at school once we go back. I got a humidifier but haven't used it yet because just adding top soil under the other substrates, adding a CHE, and covering the enclosure has gotten us to 88 degrees and around 75% humidity. I'm going to play with moving around the heat source and sealing the cover on three sides before using it.

She is more active today than she has been in the past 3 weeks! She's freely drinking water, eating, and hasn't napped yet. :)
Excellent news. Good for you!
You are making your torts life better and listening to good advice 'cos you had the sense to care and ask.
Thank you.

apriltankdavis

Here's the updated enclosure at school. I tried to use just the one CHE but it wasn't enough to keep the area warm enough so I added the infrared bulb as well, and she really loves that area!

1429373979682.jpg 1429373996275.jpg 1429374038074.jpg 1429374059330.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: