Status
Not open for further replies.

Nosey_Leo_me

5 Year Member
image.jpg
View attachment 37485

Hi I'm tiera and I have two turtles, R.E.S Turtles, and this is the only place that helps me with them. I live as close as the border you can get to Mexico meaning I live in Texas but please help because im a newbie turtle owner
The rounder one is nosey and duller one is Leo
And Leo's all four legs have turned black where they look like " hands" or feet
Please help me

Last edited by a moderator:

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
Hi and welcome Tiera. Sorry, I don't know what type of turtle you have. I highly suspect that your turtle is aquatic and his feet are normal for these types. Someone will chime in soon.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Tiera, I sent off some of your post to start a new thread in the water turtle section. Hopefully somebody who knows about this type of situation can help. I keep some adult RES, but don't know why but it sounds like your turtle's feet are dying. :(

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Tiera!

Nosey_Leo_me

5 Year Member
Jacqui said:
Tiera, I sent off some of your post to start a new thread in the water turtle section. Hopefully somebody who knows about this type of situation can help. I keep some adult RES, but don't know why but it sounds like your turtle's feet are dying. :(

Thanks so much !!

Nosey_Leo_me

5 Year Member
sibi said:
Hi and welcome Tiera. Sorry, I don't know what type of turtle you have. I highly suspect that your turtle is aquatic and his feet are normal for these types. Someone will chime in soon.

It's a red ear slider

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Hello and welcome....im sorry about your turtle. I dont know anything about them. Someone here will help....

dandj425

5 Year Member
Though I am new here in this forum since I got a new tortoise, I have had my red eared slider for 3+ years. Yours looks like a little little one. They need a minimum 20 long tank(for baby stage, mine is in a 55 g at age 5, which is getting small) filled 3/4s of water and a filter rated for 3 times the tank size you choose to keep water clean. This can cause issues, since water dirties very fast. Also, make sure it has a completely dry basking dock with the UVB light( a must) and heat lamp over it. I am part of another forum specifically for red eared sliders, they can help better than me though on health problems.
Your little one is such a cutie!

Redhead

5 Year Member
San Antonio
Welcome! Sorry about your baby. I wish I could help. I have a RES and a yellow belly but they're still tiny. My aquatics led to my tortoise/turtle obsession.
Do you have a heater in your tank? They need warm water, UVB, and a basking spot. Filters for the water is also a must. I hope someone with more knowledge will see this and help. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.