Newer tort mom of 3, and excited to learn!

Katelyn

Location (City and/or State)
United States
My name is Katelyn and I am the proud tort mom of 3 beautiful Torts...
My first tortoise is Noah the Russian Tortoise. (Named after the notebook(; ) I purchased Noah from my local PetSmart on 1/17/2014. Recently, we discovered that the name 'Noah' no longer fits being as she is a female. We now call her Noahnn (pronounced No-Ann) until we find a better name to suit her feisty personality. The girl that sold me Noahnn at Petsmart told me that they don't sell females at all so I just took her word for it (Oops!)... that is, until I was better informed. She is 4 inches length-wise which (i was informed) means she is approximately 2 years old.
My Second tort I purchased via a Craigslist ad. I traveled 4 hours to pick him up on 1/28/2014. I was told that he is a 2 year old Greek Tortoise. They named him Moses, and we haven't changed it. I am his 2nd owner and sadly, the first owner took poor care of him. He has shell rot on the bottom of his shell on the inner part of both his back legs. He's slowly healing though, and I have seen progress since I've had him.
My big boy is named Bruce Wayne aka Batman he is a Sulcata. He was purchased via an ad on Craigslist as well. He is approximately 3 years old, and I am (supposedly) his 3rd owner. I got him 2/17/2014. When I got Bruce he was in poor health with an URI. ): He's better now though!
As you can tell I'm super new to owning Torts, but I'm eager to learn and to meet all 3 of their very different needs!
Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 20140220_150149.jpg
    20140220_150149.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 32

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). Wow, when you jump in, you jump all in:D. Just becuase a lot of people don't know this and always ask. No, your three tortoises can not be housed together.

MyTrek

Oxford, Ohio, USA
Hi Katelyn! I'm new here too and I have to chuckle because I go "all-in" too. Years ago I rescued and rehabilitated Umbrella Cockatoos and I bought my tortoise knowing he was probably sick but didn't want him to die in the hands of the teenage girls who run the pet shop. Hope to hear more in the next few months on how your new babies are doing!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Katelyn, and welcome to the Forum!

Your Russian is more likely about 8 or 10 years old, not 2.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello Kate welcome to the TFO from AZ . You can show Picts of the torts enclosures also .

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Hello!! Hello ! ! And welcome.

This is a great place to learn and share. Good to have you here.

Three different species of tortoise with a week or so, You must been busy.

Di you have different enclosure for them? care to show some photo of those enclosures? We love to see how you set-up for them.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome. Did you find the care sheets for each here on the forum?

Katelyn

United States
wellington said:
Hello and Welcome:). Wow, when you jump in, you jump all in:D. Just becuase a lot of people don't know this and always ask. No, your three tortoises can not be housed together.

They each have their own tort Tables. :)

Katelyn

United States
MyTrek said:
Hi Katelyn! I'm new here too and I have to chuckle because I go "all-in" too. Years ago I rescued and rehabilitated Umbrella Cockatoos and I bought my tortoise knowing he was probably sick but didn't want him to die in the hands of the teenage girls who run the pet shop. Hope to hear more in the next few months on how your new babies are doing!

I'm a life long turtle lover! I finally have the resources to provide and care for torts of my own. It's been a long time coming, really. :)

Katelyn

United States
Yvonne G said:
Hi Katelyn, and welcome to the Forum!

Your Russian is more likely about 8 or 10 years old, not 2.

Oh wow, i was unaware. I was just going off of what the petsmart employee told me! thank you! i cant wait to learn more!