Nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, UK
George had finished munching all his morning weeds, so I washed his dish, and gave him some more, and he immediately walked through it then had a massive wee all over the leaves! :rolleyes: Just washed it again, but I've gotta go weed searching again for weeds. I swear people think I'm mad with my bag of weeds lol! The other day I was crouching picking Clover, and my neighbour walked passed, and I said- I'm not having a wee, I'm picking tortoise food ha ha!

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
I get some very strange looks as I'm out and about before work picking weeds! :D

My supermarket trolley loaded with Living Lettuce and assorted other greens gets some strange looks too!

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
I know, people think I'm mad! I might have to get some romain lettuce soon. I don't want to, I'd much prefer to feed him just weeds, but the good old dandelions are getting thin on the ground!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I try to avoid strange looks, that is why I grow a lot of my own weeds.

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
I am going to try that I think! I've seen the seeds for sale, but did think knowing my gardening skills, they'd all go mouldy or something!

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I look my most crazy on a Sunday morning, heading out in my bright pink dressing gown to pull the weeds from the garden. I select the largest clumps from various places (so I walk the garden in a circle, picking weeds every few steps), then head back inside.

I'm just beginning to brave taking weeds from public places, too. Only when I think nobody's watching, though.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Just be careful when taking from public places that they don't fertilize or use chemicals to control weeds or pests. Also that animals do not use that area as a bathroom who may be on Ivermectin type medicines.

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
Lol Cheryl! Yeah, I always wash everything I pick, and don't pick from near roads, although that's where most of the good weeds are grrrr!

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
'lol' happens to me too! i tell my neighbor he grows the best weed in town! 'lol'

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
*Amber* said:
Yeah, I always wash everything I pick, and don't pick from near roads, although that's where most of the good weeds are grrrr!

Unfortunately, washing will not remove these chemicals. The plants absorb them thru their leaves and/or roots and they travel within the plant itself, not on the outside, so washing does not work.

*Amber*

5 Year Member
Suffolk, UK
momo said:
'lol' happens to me too! i tell my neighbor he grows the best weed in town! 'lol'

Jacqui said:
*Amber* said:
Yeah, I always wash everything I pick, and don't pick from near roads, although that's where most of the good weeds are grrrr!

Unfortunately, washing will not remove these chemicals. The plants absorb them thru their leaves and/or roots and they travel within the plant itself, not on the outside, so washing does not work.
Well I live out in the sticks, so there are not many people around, or chemicals sprayed luckily!

Status
Not open for further replies.