Nightshift

Status
Not open for further replies.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Well, I am currently on Nightshift at work, and it is 3:35am, I don't have Facebook or twitter and none of my friends are awake.
So in order to sort of talk to someone I thought I would post on here.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Earth
How do you like working at night? What do you do?

karleyreed

5 Year Member
This is my first one!! Lol.
It's going ok, just long and boring really! I support 3 18year old males who have autism and challenging behaviour. It's very rewarding.

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Lol! I have worked hundreds of night shifts myself. I understand exactly where you're coming from. Hang in there. You get better at dealing with it eventually.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
It's just finding something to keep me
Occupied and awake! Lol. I love my sleep aswel which is proving difficult! Haha. All I can think of is going home and sleeping all day tomorrow!

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Keep focusing on that. Take it one hour at a time. You will get through it, just focus on getting through short periods at a time. Before you know it, you will be home in bed. I promise.

karleyreed

5 Year Member
That sounds like really good advice!!! I've spent some time baking A cake to kill time lol. Now I feel like I'm just clock watching! Having some one to talk to always help, even if it is here on the forum!

This is the cake I have baked lol!

Attachments

• image-3561012805.png
    image-3561012805.png
    163.4 KB · Views: 28

JeffG

5 Year Member
Arizona
Awesome cake! I wish I could have a piece.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Will it appears you survived. :D I use to love working overnights, now I think I have become solar powered. :D

karleyreed

5 Year Member
Survived one night yea! I am back here again tonight tho! Lol. I will be happy at 8am tomorrow morning!

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
I worked night shift for 6 years during/after college- it got so I could easily work all night and sleep all day. Some people never get used to it - but to me it never was a problem. Back then all the all-nighters listened to Coast to Coast AM or similar talk shows on AM radio at night, the interesting conversation keeps your mid active and body awake! Have fun out there.
--Jeff

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
I work nights too. I work for Union Pacific railroad. Nights is the best cuz theres no bosses!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I just did four nights in a row. It sucked. The whole crew is just exhausted and grumpy. You can't just sleep during the day because the rest of the world is still functioning normally. Takes days to get yourself sorted after that.

You have my sympathy.

jtrux

5 Year Member
San Antonio, TX
It does take some time to get used to it. I'm here now (2:30AM central time) and waves of tiredness come and go but typically if you keep busy enough you get as used to it as you can. What really sucks is that on your days off you can't go to sleep until 5AM and then you sleep the entire afternoon away when you should be doing fun stuff. Or if you do get to sleep at a normal hour you wake up wide awake at 1:30AM thinking it's 8:00AM and then you're up til sometime in the morning. It really does screw you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.