The Facebook

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
I heard on the news tonight that google, Twitter, and The Facebook have all been hacked. Time to change your passwords folks. Your call, but I'd do it.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Yeah, that's why I don't do Facebook. My hubby may have to change his password on twitter though.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Me too. My hubby has to have a twitter account for his job. I'll tell him tomorrow morning.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Karen wakes up at 4-4:30. I sent her a text message. Lol. That's how I roll. No really, I get up out of bed before she leaves for work and I start her truck, turn the heater on high, then go out and open the gate for her. I like her to feel spoiled. ; )

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Now, that's a good husband!:)
Cowboy_Ken said:
Karen wakes up at 4-4:30. I sent her a text message. Lol. That's how I roll. No really, I get up out of bed before she leaves for work and I start her truck, turn the heater on high, then go out and open the gate for her. I like her to feel spoiled. ; )

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Cowboy_Ken said:

Keeps you out of the dog house that way, too huh. :D

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Cowboy_Ken said:

Great Dude! Set the bar high!:p I've always been a "Spoiler Of Women" but some of these young-uns Just don't know how to even begin!

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Cowboy_Ken said:

My husband does all that stuff too. Brings me my coffee in the a.m., cleans off and warms up my car. For the first 18 to 20 years of my marriage I never even put gas in my car myself. The last couple of years he's been slacking on that...lol.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
See, I ALWAYS get the last word with my wife, no matter what... "yes my love, right away my dear, anything you say honey"....LOL

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
TommyZ said:
See, I ALWAYS get the last word with my wife, no matter what... "yes my love, right away my dear, anything you say honey"....LOL
My husband is not like that. Not at all! But he does spoil me in taking care of everything. My coffee, my car, etc.

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Re: RE: The Facebook

lisa127 said:
TommyZ said:
I didn't say my husband was like that. Not at all! But he does spoil me in taking care of everything. My coffee, my car, etc.

Rofl, nope, im saying my wifes husband is like that, rofl....shhh, dont let her know though ;)

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
LOL.....my husband needs to learn that. But we've been married over 21 years. I don't think that's happening.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
start her truck, turn the heater on high, then go out and open the gate for her

I am curious? Did you have a good relationship with your Mother? As a Mother, I find that some of the good qualities adult Men make part of their make up come from their Mothers....(not that Fathers don't offer up good traits, just a simple inquiry re: Mothers is all)...but that as a Mother---I assure my Son all of the time of how much I appreciate the very Gentleman/caring things he does---towards me as well as others...

I have heard more than a few times in my life (from Men) that it is the Mother that teaches the Son how to "treat" a woman properly...just curious is all what you think on this subject?

Oh and to keep on topic, I don't Facebook :D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I had a great relationship with my mom. When she was passing, I told my sister to let her know I wouldn't be there until Tuesday and to hang on. I got there, and after sitting with her for 15 minutes, she passed with me holding her hand. ImageUploadedByTortForum1386264104.945627.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TommyZ

5 Year Member
No mom for me, we dont talk. But, my 3 sisters may have helped, lol.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Though I do believe if a man treats his mother well he will treat his wife well, I believe a boy usually learns from his dad. I work with children and there are a few that are just horrendous to their mothers already. These are the ones who have fathers that talk to me about and complain about their wives/ex-wives right in front of their kid. They are the ones who have fathers that are beyond disrespectful to women right in front of their children. IMO, boys learn how to treat women from their dads. If a dad has a great respect for women, so will his son.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I believe a boy usually learns from his dad.

You know, I use to think this as well....well, this is what I was taught by the general population...

Then I began to analyze a little, women are "traditionally" the role of quiet nurturer--in every sense of the word...usually the one that will show visible happiness, sadness, quiet anger (usually)sometimes the cheerleader, the hugger, the kisser, the one who does not realize that she is extending her pucker to her teenage Son as they depart for the day (without thought to if a pretty girl is seeing this until it is pointed out by a red cheeked Son....lol) ....the role of reward in an emotional supporting role...does this make sense?

The "traditional" role of a Father is also these things, but done in a different way....teaching bravery, encouraging tenacity, a good loving grab to the back of the neck when a good thing is done...a pat to the shoulder....a quick grab and snatch up when their action warrants such a loving touch :)P) the one who teaches you what a Dutch Oven is, what a good burp feels like in the midst of the male group....the proper way to lift and lean to let the good one rip....encouragement when your son notices a pretty girl in passing....how to pee over your male counterparts "so to speak" to assert your dominance when needed...

You shared that if a Son is raised in a household where a Father is disrespectful to the Mother then the Son does the same....here is where I think it can get tricky...see, not every man is a good Father, just as every woman is not a good Mother---in either case --that is a different situation than what I am referring to....I mean, I have a cousin who has a household where the children are all disrespectful to one another and to the adults in the house...this is because the adults display this behavior to one another as well as to the children---this is not a good set up from the get go...I mean there is no positive adult role/mentor available in this situation....just simply a household of adults and children left to fend for themselves....so of course the children would act this way, you know what I mean?

This was why I asked initially if there was a good relationship between Ken and his Mother....as the character he displays to his wife is that of a man, that in my opinion, had a good loving relationship with his Mother---a Mother that would have had to have adored her Son so much that she must have encouraged him in all of the important ways....and Kens response, was an astounding yes.

I am also not in anyway saying what you shared is wrong...just sharing my opinion....:D