No Permission to Participate.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
I was on "off the topic chit chat" a few minutes ago, and was going to post a 'like' whereas the following NEW message popped up in RED on my screen:

'You have no permission to participate in this thread.'

I would very much appreciate an explanation to the above as soon as possible, since I do not think it was a 'private conversation.' It is called 'Off the topic chit chat' after all, therefore it should be there for EVERYONE!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I think Josh has said before that you have to wait until the whole screen has finished loading before you can 'like.' So if there were pictures in the thread, you have to wait until they've all downloaded, then 'like.' You have to wait for all the ads to load. the whole thing must be completely finished before you can 'like'. It's not always like this, but sometimes.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I think Josh has said before that you have to wait until the whole screen has finished loading before you can 'like.' So if there were pictures in the thread, you have to wait until they've all downloaded, then 'like.' You have to wait for all the ads to load. the whole thing must be completely finished before you can 'like'. It's not always like this, but sometimes.
Thank you very much your help and your prompt reply, both of which I appreciate.

(It has never happened since I joined this GREAT :tort: forum, and for this reason I got somewhat confused).

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
To see if it's working press like .................................................................................................................................................................................................below.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
To see if it's working press like .................................................................................................................................................................................................below.
Hi Adam. I just pressed 'like' and this time too, it did work. Thanks very much your help.