No poop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joseppa96

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
New Jersey
Hey guys, I read a lot on here about constipated turtles, but I wanted to tell you guys about what's going on and ask for personal advice anyway, my little red foot Faven hasn't seemed to poop in awhile, I've been checking her enclosure frequently but I haven't seen any poop /: does she eat it? Has she just not been pooping? I feed her often, but there was a change in her diet recently, could that be the problem? I've been giving her soaks to try to help, please give me feed back!

joseppa96

5 Year Member
New Jersey
I also read that olive oils would help it she was constipated, and to put a little in her food, is that true?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Mineral oil is what you would want to use IF there is a problem, however, it sounds like all has worked out in the end....(teehee, could not help it)

lvstorts

10 Year Member!
My Redfoots eat their poop like it was candy! During the winter months when they live in a shed I have to clean it 3x a day to lesson the poop eating!

Be sure to worm on a regular basis!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
lvstorts said:
My Redfoots eat their poop like it was candy! During the winter months when they live in a shed I have to clean it 3x a day to lesson the poop eating!

Be sure to worm on a regular basis!

You really should not treat for worms, unless they have them. That is never a good practice in any animal. If you want to feed pumpkin with the skin and seeds ground up in it as a natural wormer. That's fine, but not any worming medication with out doing a fecal check.

joseppa96

5 Year Member
New Jersey
I actually wanted to feed her pumpkin anyway:) does it really deworm or does it just kill bacteria? I read about it doing those but I wasn't sure

Status
Not open for further replies.