Tortoise poop

Grapes

My CDT has been having stuck poop lately. Instead of her poop coming out in little sections it's been coming out in long single pieces. She hasn't been able to express them herself completely so I've had to help her. When they do finally come out they have long pieces of grass. Is it I something should be worried about?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Not sure it's really something to worry about, but I would make sure to hydrate her and maybe feed her some cucumber, water melon or aloe not every day, but maybe 1-2 times a week to add some extra hydration to her diet and see if this helps. Don't want it to get into being too hard for her to poop and get bound up. Add a warm water soak daily for a few days too to see if that will help also . This is what I would do if I encounter this

Grapes

Yeah I've been soaking her. I recently increased the amount of fiber in her diet with Timothy hay and grass and broad leaf plants. I'll try the cucumber and see if that helps. Thanks for the info.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
She should be able to pass them on her own, but they sound like they the right form and consistency.