noob ? about food

Status
Not open for further replies.

rccarrillo84

5 Year Member
first of all my name is richard and i just recieved a sulcata baby about 4 months old. and i have been researching about diffrent types of food to feed. but my question is what exactly is mixed greens. everywhere i see it just says mixed green and plants i cannot find a specific answer. sorry if this is a dumb question but i cant find a definitive answer thanks.

image-4052521513.png

Biff Malibu

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
rccarrillo84 said:
but my question is what exactly is mixed greens.

May have a slight terminology confusion here.

Mixed Greens - Would literally be a mix of greens.

Such as collared, mustard, turnip, dandelion etc...

Spring Mix is (some or all of the above)- Red and Green Romaine, Red & Green Oak leaf, Red Leaf, Lollo Rosa, Tango, Red & Green Chard, Mizuna, Arugula, Mache, Frisee, Radicchio.

If you're looking what to feed a sulcata - read this article:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...ed-Greeks-Russians-Sulcatas-etc#axzz21DzMPV2J

Be sure to soak your tort in warm water everyday for a while, feed it mostly greens, fruits as a "treat", mazuri tortoise food is good to mix in too. All about keeping their diet varied (with a calcium supplement)

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
welcome ! start reading!
your little guys is already showing signs or pyrimiding.. where did you get it from?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Richard:

Welcome to the Tortoise Forum!!

The term "greens" refers to leaf-type veggies that you either grow or buy in bunches/heads in the produce section of the store.

Spring Mix is a packaged lettuce that contains very young leaves of mixed greens.

Mixed greens means the leaf-type veggies in a mixture or variety.

Here's a link to a thread that lists many, many different types of food for your sulcata, but bear in mind that if it says "hay," baby sulcatas won't eat hay. Not until they get to be 3 or 4 years old:

http://www.tortoiseforum.org/Thread...ed-Greeks-Russians-Sulcatas-etc#axzz21GhvKV6G

Baby Torty

5 Year Member
rccarrillo84 said:
first of all my name is richard and i just recieved a sulcata baby about 4 months old. and i have been researching about diffrent types of food to feed. but my question is what exactly is mixed greens. everywhere i see it just says mixed green and plants i cannot find a specific answer. sorry if this is a dumb question but i cant find a definitive answer thanks.

View attachment 24536

Hi Richard, my name is Traci. I am also new to forum and sulcatas!!! Your right a lot of the info can be confusing when your not an old pro!!! I like specifics and details also!! I've been researching this stuff for the last month and changed so many things!! And heard so many opposite things!! Lol just keep reading on here and you will get it right!!! I've gotten so attached to my little guy, my husbands laughs and says I'm obsessed!! It's worst than having a kid,lol!!! Kids are easier!!:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
[/quote]
when your not an old pro
[/quote]
Now I am sad, :(

rccarrillo84

5 Year Member
thanks everyone it was all very helpful. and i do soak him everyday. as far as pyramiding hoes it looks pretty normal to me but gere are some other pics. i got it from a local pet store.

image-4035697479.png

image-3775669437.png

Status
Not open for further replies.