Nor' Has Arrived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sift

5 Year Member
Quick note: When I arrived at the breeder's house I was offered a choice of hatchlings; very young ones and older ones (the latter being about seven months). As a first time tort owner I decided that I would go with the older, more established baby. So, without further ado, let me present Nor'.

nor10.jpg

nor01.jpg

nor04.jpg

nor09.jpg

Hopefully you guys will let me know if there's anything untoward that my inexperienced eyes have missed.

Oh, and "Nor'" is short for either "Norah" or "Norman".

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
That's a beautiful baby...do have any pictures of its enclosure yet?

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Beautiful baby. I think you'll probably be happier with the older one (although he/she is still so little). Good luck with Nor. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Christina, Nor is adorable. What a sweet little face. I think He/she looks great. I think you made the wiser choice by choosing an older hatchling. Congratulations :)

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awwww you haven't missed a thing in 7 months. You have another 99 years or so, lol! Congrats again. Perfect age.

hermansdad

5 Year Member
A wise choise to go with an older one as your first. What a cute lil guy! Congrats!

sift

5 Year Member
Thanks everyone! I couldn't be happier with him/her. S/he's defecated and urinated twice since I picked her up and chowed down on a big pile of romaine and greenleaf lettuce this morning. The only thing I'm slightly concerned about is that her eyes seem to be a bit weepy since she's woken up this morning. Is this a normal thing for them?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Congrats! I don't know about Russians, but when Redfoots have weepy eyes it means lack of humidity. He's so cute.

sift

5 Year Member
S/he's on aspen chip right now. I intend on giving him/her a "humid" end using a soil/coco fibre mixture but haven't gotten that part set up yet.

wayne.bob

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
iowa
Nor looks great. congrats on the new little guy

Status
Not open for further replies.