Not eating

Jude curran

Location (City and/or State)
Glasgow
For the past 4 days my tortoise wont eat. I do my normal thing : put out his food in the morning and then go to school. When i get back it has been full . I have no idea why. The temps are correct and everything is the same. He will eat out of my hand but that takes like half an hour and i fear that i wont always be able to hand feed him. Any tips are much appreciated thanks

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
How old and what species is your tortoise?
Have you tried giving him a warm (not hot) soak to see if that perks him up?
If you can post some pics of his enclosure members can see if there's anything that could be upsetting him.

Jude curran

Glasgow
How old and what species is your tortoise?
Have you tried giving him a warm (not hot) soak to see if that perks him up?
If you can post some pics of his enclosure members can see if there's anything that could be upsetting him.
He is 1 and a half and is a russian. I will post picks

William14

OR
I also am curious about this. I have a Russian that is a few years old and he use to eat pretty frequently. Now it’s maybe every two to three days

DougAndRav

Scotland
I have a 10 year old russian and she's a wee gannet! She has when left unattended eaten a whole lettuce in my garden. However for the colder months its like a pet rock. I dont hiberbate her I just cool the tank and soak her more frequently and feed her less but she slows waaaay down for like 3 months. Get them warmed up try a soak and try different foods? See if new flavours help?