1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Not eating.

Discussion in 'Redfoot and yellowfoot tortoises' started by Meggy500, Mar 15, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Meggy500

Meggy500 New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Wisconsin
    I have a baby cherry head red foot and lately she has not been eating and isn't very active. All she does is sleep and move to different ends of the enclosure once in awhile. Any ideas?
  2. T Smart

T Smart Well-Known Member 5 Year Member

Chicago, IL
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    A picture of her enclosure will be most helpful to identify the problem.

Also, let us know what you are feeding and the temperatures within the enclosure (basking, warm end, cool side).
  3. SweetGreekTorts

SweetGreekTorts Well-Known Member

Tucson, AZ
    What are the temperatures in the enclosure? When temps are too cool, torts often don't want to eat and aren't very active.