Not sure if its an issue or not

amglpn

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SW Florida
Finally heard from the purchase manager at the pet store. He confirmed that Little Foot is 10-12 MONTHS OLD NOT WEEKS LIKE THEY TOLD ME!!! I'm sooooo confused on how to feel about this cause I haven't been treating him like a yearling, but does it matter? Does it matter do I need different lighting and temps?? I will read up on it but I just hate that this guy is still having a hard time getting the care he needs and deserves!! I'm not trying to overreact I just have spent all my time on care of hatchlings. :mad::eek:

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
One year olds are a bit more established and a little less fragile than a hatchling so this is a good thing...they still require the same treatment...high humidity and high heat to grow healthy and smooth. Pyramiding happens in the growing stages of life. He's still growing untill he's full size.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Age doesn't matter. I house and care for them according to size.

If your tortoise weighs less than 1000 grams, then hatchling care should have been serving you well.

Bee62

Germany
My little torts are 11 months old but I changed nothing in treatment. Soaking is the same, humidity must be the same and warmth must be the same too.
What will you change ? Treat your tort like a hatchling. When your tort has had a bad start in his life ( showing in pyramiding ) you must try all what you can that his life will be better now. All you`ve done was right. Keep just on doing it.:);)

amglpn

5 Year Member
SW Florida
Ok guys thanks again!! He seems to be doing good, eating alot like palm size amount of greens 2x day. Still havent seen him drink but Im soaking him a good 30 mins daily and spraying his greens with water and him down 2-3 times a day, does it need to be warm water or is room temp ok?

teresaf

5 Year Member
Port Charlotte, Florida
Ok guys thanks again!! He seems to be doing good, eating alot like palm size amount of greens 2x day. Still havent seen him drink but Im soaking him a good 30 mins daily and spraying his greens with water and him down 2-3 times a day, does it need to be warm water or is room temp ok?
95-100f. Think human Baby bath water.

Bee62

Germany

Room temperature is o.k. for spraying the tort.:)