Novalee is 8 months old! New Enclosure!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Alright ya'll, she's not really 8 months old! Til tomorrow! :D I will update this on the morrow with her stats (weight and SCL) because I know you are all dying to know! Mwaha!

Anyways, she was WAY out growing her baby bin at almost 4in SCL (I swear, she sneaks a drink of miracle grow whenever I'm not looking) so it was time to move on up. This used to be Anouk's bin. Its the perfect go between from baby bin, to adult enclosure. She'll prolly be in it til the fall at most, with the way she's growing!

Here are the pics!

Hot Side

My Food bribe to help get her comfy
(Hrmph. That looks terrible!)

(Well, maybe not so bad--)

This is what I see from the computer when I am on here posting!

Hmm--what's over there I wonder?

Just kidding--I'll have a look tomorrow instead!

So far it looks like she's enjoying it. Its a bit late in the day here (around 6:30 pm when the photos were taken) which is why they are a bit dark. Now all I am missing is a piece of Plexi glass to go over the moist side, to help keep that humidity up up UP!

Thanks for looking! Comments always welcome!

I'll do some more closeups tomorrow, when I post her stats. :)

rwfoss

5 Year Member
Adorable! Very nice pics. Looks like she likes her new digs. Happy 8-month birthday!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Oh my gosh Novalee has the smoothest shell. What a little cutie she is. You've done a great job at raising her what a good tort mom you are. :) I loved seeing where she lives it's very nice for her. :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Ah, Novalee. How happy you make your mama and all your surrogate aunties and uncles here on TFO. :D

It's funny how long and "sharp" her claws look, and she even looks pretty fierce, yet we all know that she is well-mannered and contentedly docile underneath that tough-girl exterior. ;)

Dane

5 Year Member
Minneapolis, MN
What a beautiful tort! I've never seen a smoother shell! My boyfriend and I will be back in Stevens Point this summer, we should get our torts together for a play date at a green, pesticide-free park!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks everyone! I have worked hard to prefect my care and keep her shell nice and smooth. :) Anouk is growing smooth now too, so her bumps are getting more and more minor.

Novalee is my little blonde girl though---everyone always tells me how pretty she is!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Aww she's in her Big Girl enclosure ;) She is absolutely gorgeous! What a pretty little tort :D
I can't believe she's around 4" SCL!!!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
HOLY MACKEREL---Novalee is 177g and 3 7/8" inches SCL! She grew nearly a half inch in a month! She's 1/8" away from being four inches!

She's a giant! Oh my goodness--what a big baby. Man, if she's racing the other little torties on here growth wise, I think she's winning. :D

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Meg, I just had to break my silence and comment on your post when I seen it. Novalee is beautiful you have done a wonderful job with her. What a big girl. The care and knowledge you have gained really show in her. Congratulations on being a wonderful tort mom. Oh and Happy Eight Month birthday Novalee. :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Meg90 said:
Man, if she's racing the other little torties on here growth wise, I think she's winning. :D

haha she's definitely beating Nelson- she's an inch bigger than him!!

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
I always thought rapid growth = pyramiding but that is clearly not the case! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.