• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
If you were going to purchase an aldabra torotise would you prefer one with a nuchal scute, without a nuchal scute, or it would not matter?

Our last clutch we have about 7 without nuchal scutes out of 11 hatchlings so far. We have only had 3 prior to this year ever. 1.34% of all aldabra tortoises do not naturally have a nuchal scute. Thanks in advance for participating in this poll. Please feel free to comment, etc.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I would definitly say that it would not matter to me, just owning one would be awesome.

zesty_17

5 Year Member
Florida
It really doesn't matter either way for me, just having an aldab would be cool. I will admit though, for bragging rights, one without would be neat to have to explain the ratio/differences etc...

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
zesty_17 said:
It really doesn't matter either way for me, just having an aldab would be cool. I will admit though, for bragging rights, one without would be neat to have to explain the ratio/differences etc...

That is my thoughts as well, we have only had three ever, we keep two and one went to a great customer who "reallllly" wanted it. This year we have at least 7 out of our last clutch without. All of our adults have nuchal scute!

Orko

5 Year Member
I prefer, and I am getting, one with the nuchal, probably since is the first one, I rather have the "traditional" one.

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
I'd say the rarer "without" if i had the choice but wouldn't turn away a "with" ... hmmm.... the "haves" and the "have nots". lol

ticothetort2

5 Year Member
SoCal
Aesthetically I like the Non-nuchal shell, but like everyone else...either one would be fine if I had the chance.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
It wouldnt bother me, i would just like the room to have one let alone have one.lol :D:D:D:D:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Rjhoop said:
Hey could you post pictures of each?That would help alot of people determine i think!!

Sure, here are some old pictures showing one with and one without.

4ka9uf.jpg

2dsoiog.jpg

Rjhoop

5 Year Member
Western N.Y. on Lake Erie
Yea, i voted no!!I think they look much better without it!But my vote was for voting purposes only, we dont always get what we vote for:rolleyes: but i would buy one (given i had enough room) either way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.