Off colored cherries (Long and lots of pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

allegraf

10 Year Member!
I am a sucker for the off colored (NOT RED) cherries. I find that the ones that are orange to yellow in tones tend to have a lot more color. The red ones aren't too shabby either! With all the rain over the last few days, the younger torts have been frolicking and getting clean. The older girls were grumpy and tried to stay under cover and were not as clean or happy with the photo session.

Here is one of my sub girls with my plain jane, Biloxi:

Here is Radamus, a little male we picked up a few years ago. He was a dull orange but an interesting little guy. He is usually caked in dirt, so surprisingly after all the rain, his true colors are out. I am surprised at how much he has changed. I need to look for old pics of him. Needless to say he is stunning and a very unusual color for a cherry, neat marbled shell as well.

Here is one of Rambutan (grumpy) and one of her holdback babies:

Her baby:

Lemonhead was also not happy about taking pics:

Here is one of the sub red girls, not too shabby for a red. Here she was hiding from the rain:

After I made her come out:

Last pic of one of my favorite girls even if she is red- Oren:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They are all,beautiful. The male looks really nice. Maybe you need to make them clean up more often:D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Very Nice ..Allegraf.... I too love the "off colored guys" ...have a few of them orange one's myself ...even one gal who is more pink on her nose than Red...Great pics thanks for sharing!
JD~:)

PS:
They sure do get dirty huh?.....I swear I can clean them up and 2 days later .." dirt heads" :p

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Such incredibly beautiful torts! They all look great. I'm a sucker for Oren!
We have had SO much rain! I need to invite myself for another visit. Lol!

immayo

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
Your torts are so beautiful/ colorful! Probably why you produce such awesome babies! I love your Lemonhead! :)

Bryan

10 Year Member!
Absolutely stunning Allegra! You have accumulated quite the group of high colored animals!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
Man they are GORGEOUS! I love the orange cherries and I hope I can add more to my group someday (I need a house with a big yard!).

allegraf

10 Year Member!
Here are some pictures of Radamus from last year, you can see the dingy orange he was before. He is my ugly duckling.

He is on the left:

He is up top:

CharlieM said:
Such incredibly beautiful torts! They all look great. I'm a sucker for Oren!
We have had SO much rain! I need to invite myself for another visit. Lol!

You are always welcome!

Bryan

10 Year Member!
I would love to see/buy neonates from the top sub female and Lemonhead! That sub female is amazing!

diamondbp

10 Year Member!
wow so very cool. Definitely a group to be proud of.

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
They are all stunning of course, but I love the true reds the best. That sub red girl, is definitely , not too shabby for sure.

Bryan

10 Year Member!
terryo said:
They are all stunning of course, but I love the true reds the best. That sub red girl, is definitely , not too shabby for sure.

I love the reds as well but variety is also great, both of the sub girls are amazing animals!

Redstrike

10 Year Member!
New York
I can't be sure yet, but I expect Mandarin (Oren baby) to be a bit like Radamus and I wouldn't complain a bit! I just posted up some pics but s/he is pretty dingy and dark as well. Only time will tell!

Status
Not open for further replies.